cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

tag
stevenngu92
Contributor

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

@Plex26 wrote:

I was accepted for a Best Buy Store Card about 3 weeks ago but it's from Capital One. Is it staying with Capital One or will it be moved to Citi Bank?

It will convert over to Citi in September i believe.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 91 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

Lower tier cards  are useless. It has small CL and may be AF (MC version).  It cannot finance a big ticket item. It might not qualify for CLI.

Ron.

Message 92 of 124
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Plex26 wrote:

I was accepted for a Best Buy Store Card about 3 weeks ago but it's from Capital One. Is it staying with Capital One or will it be moved to Citi Bank?

it will switch to Citibank.

Reading this thread gives me the itch to app for the card myself...Smiley Wink I got declined back in May cuz they couldnt verify my identity (whatever that meant). I wanted to apply around black friday but because of my 9 new accounts between Jan and July i may have to wait a little more now. Have about 12 new INQ this year on EX (5 auto related) so dont want to waste a HP.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 93 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Plex26 wrote:

Beginning September 6, 2013 your Reward Zone MasterCard will be owned by Citibank, N.A.. From September 5 - 9, this website will be available for viewing account information only. Account management features including online payments, emergency card replacements, update contact information etc. will be unavailable during this period.As of September 9 you will need to register your account through Citibank, N.A. to continue managing your account online.

Ron.

Message 94 of 124
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@stevenngu92 wrote:

@Brusilov wrote:

It's always confused me why Best Buy seems to do things backwards.  Especially considering the Mastercard has the same financing options - why would a higher qualified applicant get the store card instead of the Mastercard that can be used anywhere?

I see where the naming can be confusing. Their Mastercard is both the highest and lowest card you can get. Platinum being the highest and Gold being the lowest. So higher applicants would get approved for the store cards instead of the Gold Mastercard and the best applicants would end up getting the Platinum Mastercard over the store cards.

Order as mentioned in this thread:   Platinum Mastercard -> Store Preferred -> Store -> Gold Mastercard (Has an annual fee. Hence the lowest?)

Huh, did it used to be that way with HSBC?  Platinum MC -> Store > Gold MC - > Gold MC with AF?

Message 95 of 124
halos24
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for the gold card back when they had this under the pre-approval links. I have the MC gold version with NO AF, and have received small cl, stuck now at 1100.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 96 of 124
Plex26
Established Member

@dodgerslv wrote:

Reading this thread gives me the itch to app for the card myself...Smiley Wink I got declined back in May cuz they couldnt verify my identity (whatever that meant). I wanted to apply around black friday but because of my 9 new accounts between Jan and July i may have to wait a little more now. Have about 12 new INQ this year on EX (5 auto related) so dont want to waste a HP.

Whenever that happens you should call them! That happened to me twice (Target RED Card and Capital One). They will ask you to send them copies of documents (Driver's License/ID, SSN, Pay Stub, etc.) and they will process your application-- don't waste the HP!

In my case after the application was processed, I was approved for both.

Message 97 of 124
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Plex26 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

Whenever that happens you should call them! That happened to me twice (Target RED Card and Capital One). They will ask you to send them copies of documents (Driver's License/ID, SSN, Pay Stub, etc.) and they will process your application-- don't waste the HP!

In my case after the application was processed, I was approved for both.

I did once after i applied, the lady transfered me and was on hold for almost half and hour so just hung up. Gave up cuz i really didnt want another new account at the moment. I really didnt have an immediate need for the card at the moment so actually regretted getting the HP on EQ. I told myself i would just apply in store come black friday when i know i will definitely use the card...Smiley Happy Plus Citi has been generous to me so maybe they will do the same once i apply down the road.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 98 of 124
Plex26
Established Member

@dodgerslv wrote:

I did once after i applied, the lady transfered me and was on hold for almost half and hour so just hung up. Gave up cuz i really didnt want another new account at the moment. I really didnt have an immediate need for the card at the moment so actually regretted getting the HP on EQ. I told myself i would just apply in store come black friday when i know i will definitely use the card...Smiley Happy Plus Citi has been generous to me so maybe they will do the same once i apply down the road.

I applied for it for the same reason Smiley Tongue. Right now I just use it to buy a pair of Bose Headphones to take advantage of the 6 Month Financing which I will pay within the next 2 months. Afterwards, definitely taking advantage of the 18 Month Financing *cough* Black Friday *cough*

Message 99 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

I have had RZMC for years. I never used the card to finance stuff at Best Buy. I used the card as everyday card. I paid it off monthly. I always finance stuff on BB store card. 

Ron.

Message 100 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.