Reply
Established Contributor
Brusilov
Posts: 601
Registered: ‎01-04-2009

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!


emptypockets wrote:

mxp114 wrote:

From reading the terms and the even the card name itself, it looks like RewardZone might become My Best Buy Rewards. Regardless of the program name, the card is no longer RZMC. Time for a new acronym, maybe BBMC or MBBMC? lol


According to their terms and conditions, looks like they will still have several tiers of cards: "Your are applying for a My Best Buy Mastercard Platinum account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best Buy MasterCard Platinum account, youagree Citibank may consider you for a My Best Buy Credit Card Preferred account, a My Best Buy Credit Card account, and a My Best Buy MasterCard Gold account in that order, based on your creditworthiness. You accept the terms and conditions of these accounts."

 

So MBBMCP, MBBCCP,MBBCC, and MBBMCG. Wow, my head hurts, lol


Great so it's back to the "good old days" of HSBC.  :smileyfrustrated:

                    
    $17.3K          $500              $7K              $15K              $5K             $2300          $3200          $2000          $1500          $1000           $8100

Garden Since: 9.25.2013
Valued Contributor
mxp114
Posts: 1,356
Registered: ‎09-01-2011

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

 

Yes, it counts.  I got denied for Citi AT&T Cash Rewards MC for too many inquiries. I called Citi EO to recon and they told me I have reached the max of cards. They took the portion CL off  of my Citi Cash Returns MC.

 

 

Ron.


It does? I was always under the impression the Citi Retail Services CRS issued cards were managed independent from Citicards CBNA and didn't factor in. I forgot who posted that about their CRS backed Sears card.

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 18,939
Registered: ‎10-23-2007

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!


mxp114 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

 

Yes, it counts.  I got denied for Citi AT&T Cash Rewards MC for too many inquiries. I called Citi EO to recon and they told me I have reached the max of cards. They took the portion CL off  of my Citi Cash Returns MC.

 

 

Ron.


It does? I was always under the impression the Citi Retail Services CRS issued cards were managed independent from Citicards CBNA and didn't factor in. I forgot who posted that about their CRS backed Sears card.


I believe AT&T is a regular credit card for Citi not a retail store card, that is why you may have hit a limit.

Sears, HD, now Best Buy, they will be retail cards and don't believe Citi has a limit for that.

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 653 Barclay, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Valued Member
iHackerSix
Posts: 54
Registered: ‎08-05-2013

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

[ Edited ]

Is there anyway to ONLY apply for the Mastercard version instead of the Best Buy Store version? I'm not in the least bit interested in ever having any store cards from anyone. It's just an OCD thing, I only want to have Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and/or Amex cards. I don't want to also handle store cards that can ONLY be used in THERE stores, useless to me really. Honestly I'd rather get denied for a card altogether than apply for the Mastercard and be approved for their store card. Just my thing I guess.

Regular Contributor
Volpes
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎03-10-2012

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

[ Edited ]

iHackerSix wrote:

Is there anyway to ONLY apply for the Mastercard version instead of the Best Buy Store version? I'm not in the least bit interested in ever having any store cards from anyone. It's just an OCD thing, I only want to have Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and/or Amex cards. I don't want to also handle store cards that can ONLY be used in THERE stores, useless to me really. Honestly I'd rather get denied for a card altogether than apply for the Mastercard and be approved for their store card. Just my thing I guess.


Unfortunately not; its common practice, but sometimes you get a choice. One example is Amazon, you can either apply for the MasterCard or the Store Card.

 

Usually/sometimes the terms will tell you:

"To receive an account, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness. You are applying for a My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Platinum Account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Platinum account, you agree Citibank may consider you for a My Best Buy™ Credit Card Preferred account, a My Best Buy™ Credit Card account, and a My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Gold account in that order, based on your creditworthiness. You accept the terms and conditions of these accounts, as provided herein. Your credit limit will be determined by your yearly income or assets and a review of your credit report. You will be informed of the..."

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,733
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!


Creditaddict wrote:

mxp114 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

 

Yes, it counts.  I got denied for Citi AT&T Cash Rewards MC for too many inquiries. I called Citi EO to recon and they told me I have reached the max of cards. They took the portion CL off  of my Citi Cash Returns MC.

 

 

Ron.


It does? I was always under the impression the Citi Retail Services CRS issued cards were managed independent from Citicards CBNA and didn't factor in. I forgot who posted that about their CRS backed Sears card.


I believe AT&T is a regular credit card for Citi not a retail store card, that is why you may have hit a limit.

Sears, HD, now Best Buy, they will be retail cards and don't believe Citi has a limit for that.


I think AT&T is stiil count as a co-branded card.

 

 

Ron.

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,733
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!


Volpes wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

They had Chase cards many years ago and it was Circuit City card. It was converted into Best Buy card. It was discontinued many years ago.

 

 

Ron.

I mean the message for the BB Store Card.

They had Chase BB store card many years ago.  It was converted into BB card. Circuity City Visa was converted into Chase Freedom Visa Signature card.

 

 

Ron.

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,733
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!


emptypockets wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

dodgerslv wrote:

KennyS2006 wrote:

dodgerslv wrote:

my friend applied a couple of days ago and he said they pulled EX here on NV. In the past under Capital One it was always EQ they would pull.


Because Cap1 isn't the owner anymore......


lol...true. Just was replying to the person who asked if they still pulled EQ...:smileyhappy: I wonder if i would still be able to get a BB card since i arleady have 3 citi cards. Do they count store cards as max amount of cards you can have with Citi?


Yes, it counts.  I got denied for Citi AT&T Cash Rewards MC for too many inquiries. I called Citi EO to recon and they told me I have reached the max of cards. They took the portion CL off  of my Citi Cash Returns MC.

 

 

Ron.


What is the max number of Citi Accounts?


I think it is 3. 

 

 

Ron.

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,733
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!


iHackerSix wrote:

Is there anyway to ONLY apply for the Mastercard version instead of the Best Buy Store version? I'm not in the least bit interested in ever having any store cards from anyone. It's just an OCD thing, I only want to have Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and/or Amex cards. I don't want to also handle store cards that can ONLY be used in THERE stores, useless to me really. Honestly I'd rather get denied for a card altogether than apply for the Mastercard and be approved for their store card. Just my thing I guess.


RZMC is tough to get when they were HSBC or Cap1. I was able to get it when they had pre-approval link many years ago.  I don't know it will be easier when they turn into Citi. 

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,156
Registered: ‎10-21-2012

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!


Volpes wrote:

iHackerSix wrote:

Is there anyway to ONLY apply for the Mastercard version instead of the Best Buy Store version? I'm not in the least bit interested in ever having any store cards from anyone. It's just an OCD thing, I only want to have Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and/or Amex cards. I don't want to also handle store cards that can ONLY be used in THERE stores, useless to me really. Honestly I'd rather get denied for a card altogether than apply for the Mastercard and be approved for their store card. Just my thing I guess.


Unfortunately not; its common practice, but sometimes you get a choice. One example is Amazon, you can either apply for the MasterCard or the Store Card.

 

Usually/sometimes the terms will tell you:

"To receive an account, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness. You are applying for a My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Platinum Account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Platinum account, you agree Citibank may consider you for a My Best Buy™ Credit Card Preferred account, a My Best Buy™ Credit Card account, and a My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Gold account in that order, based on your creditworthiness. You accept the terms and conditions of these accounts, as provided herein. Your credit limit will be determined by your yearly income or assets and a review of your credit report. You will be informed of the..."


+1

 

This is where the OCD factor will not be to your advantage iHackerSix, at least for BB or other lenders who have such approval criteria.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+