Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Contributor

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

I just apped and was approved for $2000 with an apr of 27.99 (non-preferred version). Hopefully i'll be able to get a cli from them, but if not the CL is sufficient enough for me. After years of apping with cap1 and getting approved with a CL between $300-800 i'm relieved that CITI took over and that i can check one card off my list. Smiley Happy

btw they pulled experian for me. I live in CA and everyone beside GE pulls EQ for me.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($7400) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($2500) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase CSP ($6400) Chase Freedom ($2500) Discover It ($6500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Established Contributor

stevenngu92 wrote:

I just apped and was approved for $2000 with an apr of 27.99 (non-preferred version). Hopefully i'll be able to get a cli from them, but if not the CL is sufficient enough for me. After years of apping with cap1 and getting approved with a CL between $300-800 i'm relieved that CITI took over and that i can check one card off my list. Smiley Happy

btw they pulled experian for me. I live in CA and everyone beside GE pulls EQ for me.

So I take it you got the "My Best Buy CC"?

I wonder if my APR will actually go down considering I currently have the 0$ AF / Gold Mastercard now @ 22.99%.  The terms under Citibank list the range as 17.99%-21.74%.

Super Contributor

stevenngu92 wrote:

Congrats!!!!! It looks like it is easier to get now. 

Ron.

Is no one going to mentioned the outrageously high interest rate this card has? I would never apply for it for that reason alone. It's the same reason I won't apply for the Paypal CC.

I know everyone here is all about PIF but still. . . Things happen in life and you may end up having to carry a balance for a little while at some point. I pretty much try to avoid any card with an APR of 20% or higher.

Super Contributor

SPX wrote:

Is no one going to mentioned the outrageously high interest rate this card has? I would never apply for it for that reason alone. It's the same reason I won't apply for the Paypal CC.

I know everyone here is all about PIF but still. . . Things happen in life and you may end up having to carry a balance for a little while at some point. I pretty much try to avoid any card with an APR of 20% or higher.

They offer you 0% interest Financing for 6 months, 12 months ,18 months. I haven't paid a single penny of interest since I got the card. It helped me to buy computers applicance, tv without paying any interest. I paid it off before the promotional period ended.

Ron.

Frequent Contributor

+1 to me that is the purpose of the card, abc actually only reason we use it is to buy appliances, computers ect... @ the 0%.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 9/4/15 (701), EX (719) TU (698)

Ron1 wrote

They offer you 0% interest Financing for 6 months, 12 months ,18 months. I haven't paid a single penny of interest since I got the card. It helped me to buy computers applicance, tv without paying any interest. I paid it off before the promotional period ended.

Ron.

So what happens to the card once the promotional period is over? Does it become a very light paperweight?

I guess I only go for cards that I think I'm going to get some long-term (years, maybe decades) of use from.

Super Contributor

SPX wrote:

Ron1 wrote

Ron.

So what happens to the card once the promotional period is over? Does it become a very light paperweight?

I guess I only go for cards that I think I'm going to get some long-term (years, maybe decades) of use from.

Smiley Happy

Ron.

[ Edited ]

Ron1 wrote:

Smiley Happy

Ron.

OK. . .

Epic Contributor

The 0% is available over and over again as long as the purchase amount meets the requirements ($149 for 6 months)
So again apr doesn't matter to most unless you make the mistake of not paying off before promo ends on said purchase!
Fico Scores 8: EX 718. TU 699. EQ 658. 11/10/2015

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.