New Contributor
stevenngu92

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

I just apped and was approved for $2000 with an apr of 27.99 (non-preferred version). Hopefully i'll be able to get a cli from them, but if not the CL is sufficient enough for me. After years of apping with cap1 and getting approved with a CL between $300-800 i'm relieved that CITI took over and that i can check one card off my list. :smileyhappy:

btw they pulled experian for me. I live in CA and everyone beside GE pulls EQ for me.

Amazon Store Card ($4000) Amex BCE ($7400) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($2500) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Discover It ($5500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($3500)
Established Contributor
Brusilov

stevenngu92 wrote:

I just apped and was approved for $2000 with an apr of 27.99 (non-preferred version). Hopefully i'll be able to get a cli from them, but if not the CL is sufficient enough for me. After years of apping with cap1 and getting approved with a CL between $300-800 i'm relieved that CITI took over and that i can check one card off my list. :smileyhappy:

btw they pulled experian for me. I live in CA and everyone beside GE pulls EQ for me.

So I take it you got the "My Best Buy CC"?

I wonder if my APR will actually go down considering I currently have the 0$ AF / Gold Mastercard now @ 22.99%.  The terms under Citibank list the range as 17.99%-21.74%.

$17.3K          $500              $7K              $15K              $5K             $2300          $3200          $2000          $1500          $1000           $8100

Garden Since: 9.25.2013
Super Contributor
Ron1

stevenngu92 wrote:

Congrats!!!!! It looks like it is easier to get now. 

Ron.

SPX

Is no one going to mentioned the outrageously high interest rate this card has? I would never apply for it for that reason alone. It's the same reason I won't apply for the Paypal CC.

I know everyone here is all about PIF but still. . . Things happen in life and you may end up having to carry a balance for a little while at some point. I pretty much try to avoid any card with an APR of 20% or higher.

Super Contributor
Ron1

SPX wrote:

Is no one going to mentioned the outrageously high interest rate this card has? I would never apply for it for that reason alone. It's the same reason I won't apply for the Paypal CC.

I know everyone here is all about PIF but still. . . Things happen in life and you may end up having to carry a balance for a little while at some point. I pretty much try to avoid any card with an APR of 20% or higher.

They offer you 0% interest Financing for 6 months, 12 months ,18 months. I haven't paid a single penny of interest since I got the card. It helped me to buy computers applicance, tv without paying any interest. I paid it off before the promotional period ended.

Ron.

Frequent Contributor
halos24

+1 to me that is the purpose of the card, abc actually only reason we use it is to buy appliances, computers ect... @ the 0%.
My current scores: MyFico- EQ: 8/13- (648), 8/13- EX (637), Wally TU (666)

Prime cards in my wallet: Citi Thank You (1500), Amex TE (1200), Amex Zync.
SPX

Ron1 wrote

They offer you 0% interest Financing for 6 months, 12 months ,18 months. I haven't paid a single penny of interest since I got the card. It helped me to buy computers applicance, tv without paying any interest. I paid it off before the promotional period ended.

Ron.

So what happens to the card once the promotional period is over? Does it become a very light paperweight?

I guess I only go for cards that I think I'm going to get some long-term (years, maybe decades) of use from.

Super Contributor
Ron1

SPX wrote:

Ron1 wrote

Ron.

So what happens to the card once the promotional period is over? Does it become a very light paperweight?

I guess I only go for cards that I think I'm going to get some long-term (years, maybe decades) of use from.

:smileyhappy:

Ron.

SPX

[ Edited ]

Ron1 wrote:

:smileyhappy:

Ron.

OK. . .

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

The 0% is available over and over again as long as the purchase amount meets the requirements ($149 for 6 months)
So again apr doesn't matter to most unless you make the mistake of not paying off before promo ends on said purchase!
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}