cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

Yup, same reason I like the Amazon card, though it has a HORRID APR otherwise (25.99%).

@Creditaddict wrote:
The 0% is available over and over again as long as the purchase amount meets the requirements ($149 for 6 months)
So again apr doesn't matter to most unless you make the mistake of not paying off before promo ends on said purchase!

Message 61 of 124
Volpes
Regular Contributor

I'm guilty... I wouldn't even apply for my Walmart, Amazon, or Best Buy cards if they did not have ongoing 0% financing (I don't care about introductory rates).

My refrigerator stopped working last year; just have to make sure I pay it off on time (I use Microsoft Excel to keep track of everything).

I also recently purchased a new notebook - unfortunatly I have to pay it off right away, since the model I decided to buy wasn't available at Best Buy or Amazon.com. 

These card(s) aren't for everyone. Of course, lets not forget what emergency budgets are for Smiley Tongue.

Message 62 of 124
SPX

@Brusilov wrote:

Yup, same reason I like the Amazon card, though it has a HORRID APR otherwise (25.99%).

@Creditaddict wrote:
The 0% is available over and over again as long as the purchase amount meets the requirements ($149 for 6 months)
So again apr doesn't matter to most unless you make the mistake of not paying off before promo ends on said purchase.

I see. So basically it's only useful for big ticket items and then only at Best Buy.

I could see how that could be worth it to others, but I buy something like a new TV or new computer maybe once every 5ish years. Usually I'm buying stuff like movies or maybe a new phone. So for me to get interested it would need to be a card that I could in good conscience use for general purposes (i.e. as a regular MasterCard) without getting killed on the interest if I end up carrying a balance for a little while.

Message 63 of 124
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Can't say i'm happy with this change. Just switched over from Cap 1 not too long ago. I hope it doesn't hurt my chance of getting those $1500 increases every 6 months. 

I have to deal with Citi on my Sears card and can't stand them. Reduced my credit a few years back due to high balances and years later when i clear everything up i try to get a increase and all they give me is $200 with a HP Smiley Sad

Message 64 of 124
stevenngu92
Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@stevenngu92 wrote:

I just apped and was approved for $2000 with an apr of 27.99 (non-preferred version). Hopefully i'll be able to get a cli from them, but if not the CL is sufficient enough for me. After years of apping with cap1 and getting approved with a CL between $300-800 i'm relieved that CITI took over and that i can check one card off my list. Smiley Happy

btw they pulled experian for me. I live in CA and everyone beside GE pulls EQ for me.

Congrats!!!!! It looks like it is easier to get now. 

Ron.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 65 of 124
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

I'm so glad Citibank is now the owner of  BBY credit card.... I just applied for this card and got approved for a CL of $4000. I'm not sure if i got  the store or the Mastercard...well i don't really care whatever version i got ..and  As i was expecting they checked my EXP report. I have 16  Hard inquiries (6 in the last year and 3 in the last six months)  I know some people around here complain about CITI's approval criteria but for some reason they've been awesome with me...

Message 66 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@mnavas wrote:

I'm so glad Citibank is now the owner of  BBY credit card.... I just applied for this card and got approved for a CL of $4000. I'm not sure if i got  the store or the Mastercard...well i don't really care whatever version i got ..and  As i was expecting they checked my EXP report. I have 16  Hard inquiries (6 in the last year and 3 in the last six months)  I know some people around here complain about CITI's approval criteria but for some reason they've been awesome with me...

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy I hope that you will get MC. 

Message 67 of 124
Vikz27
New Contributor

Well I applied with more than 8 inquiries, AAoA 9 months total credit history 4.5 years, fico by TU walmart of 714 (Experian Faco says 744 and 733 for both TU and equifax on Plus score) and was approved for $2,000 for the store card Best buy my rewards with an apr of 27%.

now my question is should I call in and close down my Cap 1 best buy card with a credit line of $400? or just let it close due to inactivity? 

hmmm desicion desicions....

Message 68 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Vikz27 wrote:

Well I applied with more than 8 inquiries, AAoA 9 months total credit history 4.5 years, fico by TU walmart of 714 (Experian Faco says 744 and 733 for both TU and equifax on Plus score) and was approved for $2,000 for the store card Best buy my rewards with an apr of 27%.

now my question is should I call in and close down my Cap 1 best buy card with a credit line of $400? or just let it close due to inactivity? 

hmmm desicion desicions....

Congrats!!!! I think you should close it. I don't know they will let you to keep both of them next month. 

Ron.

Message 69 of 124
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@mnavas Thats great!! I would assume you got the MC version, and either way $4,000 Is a great initial CL. Congrats!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 70 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.