Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLD 2 cards

tag
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

Citi CLD 2 cards

Citi CLD two credit cards at the same time. The new limits are very close to the balance on the card......Is this trend going to be followed by the other creditors?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLD 2 cards

@Fico_Dish wrote:

Citi CLD two credit cards at the same time. The new limits are very close to the balance on the card......Is this trend going to be followed by the other creditors?

They're balance chasing you. How long have you carried a balance on the card? Have you been making more than the minimum payments? What's changed on your CR?

Message 2 of 33
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

You are right , they are indeed doing balance chasing. But on the other hand, my score is creeping in the upward direction, other creditors are increasing my credit limits, but some how citi saw something exclusive in my report. I have not added any new cc account in the last three years, only added a new car loan more than a year ago. So I am puzzled....Thanks though for your input......JSS3

Message 3 of 33
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Fico_Dish wrote:

You are right , they are indeed doing balance chasing. But on the other hand, my score is creeping in the upward direction, other creditors are increasing my credit limits, but some how citi saw something exclusive in my report. I have not added any new cc account in the last three years, only added a new car loan more than a year ago. So I am puzzled....Thanks though for your input......JSS3

Did you carry a balance on the Citi cards for a long period of time?

Message 4 of 33
tvandine
Contributor

Yeah they're balance chasing... What's next? Most likely going to smack you out of there hands. After you pay, you may see a nice decline next time you go to use the card!

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi closed my account when I ran up balances. Ive continued to make the monthly payments and almost have it paid off. They originally told me once its paid off they will reopen it if I want. To my surprise they reopned it once the balance got down to 500. I dont plan on using it until its completely paid off and then its pif each month its used. It sucked to have the account closed even without late payments but I understood why they did it and overall citi was very good to me. Paying off the balances even though it took a while went a long way with them and kept me in their good graces.

My main complaint with citi is the cards they offer are quite boring to me, unless I missed some of them.

Message 6 of 33
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@purebulldogs500 wrote:

Citi closed my account when I ran up balances. Ive continued to make the monthly payments and almost have it paid off. They originally told me once its paid off they will reopen it if I want. To my surprise they reopned it once the balance got down to 500. I dont plan on using it until its completely paid off and then its pif each month its used. It sucked to have the account closed even without late payments but I understood why they did it and overall citi was very good to me. Paying off the balances even though it took a while went a long way with them and kept me in their good graces.

My main complaint with citi is the cards they offer are quite boring to me, unless I missed some of them.

Can you share the limits on the cards and balance? How long? Also, the monthly payments you made?

Message 7 of 33
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

card oneSmiley Surprisedriginal limit 7000; balance 3500 - limit reduced now to 3700; card 2: original limit 4500; balance 3600; limit reduced to 3800; NEVER had a missed payment. all payments more than the minimum payment. True, i have been carrying the balance for a couple of years on these two cards.

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was around 3k balance with 8k credit limit. I paid mininum payment for a few months and and then they lowered limit to 3200 and closed the card.

Citi cards are boring to me either way so they will never be my main card unless they come out with something I really like.
Message 9 of 33
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Your other CCC's will probably not do anything if you haven't been carrying a balance on their cards, too.    But be warned your credit score just took a big nose dive.  You now have two maxed out CC's.   It is not fair, but it is only a business decision for them.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.