Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI 2nd one, no pull.

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: Citi CLI 2nd one, no pull.

I get this message.  I feel like it's a soft pull, but I'm not sure.

By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to check your credit history

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 11 of 21
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

When I attempt to ask for a cli, it says that Citi may pull my credit. I don't feel confident enough that it's going to be a soft pull.  What did it say when you began the process?

The first time it asked the samething you got, It said they may obtain credit report. I went with it and it was instant saying that no credit were pulled. I went from 1600 to 3k.

The second time is the same, it said that credit maybe pulled. I request for 5k and they counter for 4.2k, I click accepted and no credit were pulled. The other option was don't accept and cancel.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 12 of 21
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I get this message.  I feel like it's a soft pull, but I'm not sure.

By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to check your credit history

Samething I got for both CLI. It was no pulled for me. Since they soft'd me every 2-3 months.

YMMV I guess. It has to be more than 6 MONTHS since last CLI.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 13 of 21
bs6054
Valued Contributor

OK, but there's no way to see in advance if it will pull or not?   I.e after that first screen (we may pull your credit), if I hit continue and for whatever reason there is no SP data, it will HP without asking, right?

Message 14 of 21
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

OK, but there's no way to see in advance if it will pull or not?   I.e after that first screen (we may pull your credit), if I hit continue and for whatever reason there is no SP data, it will HP without asking, right?

You have to check your credit reports to see if they recently SP'd you. In both case for me, they SP a month before I ask for CLI.

After I click the first screen we may pull your credit, the second screen for me was something like: After evaluating the account, there was no credit pulled.

If you havn't had CLI for 6 months with CITI, I say go for it. I have 1.1k balance (0% APR) the first CLI, for 2nd CLI I have 0 balance (still 0% promo) from them, 18 months + 6 months LOL!  I have the card since 2011.

Message 15 of 21
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

What do you guys think is a feasible amount from them?  I'm currently at 6500.  I've put alot of use through this card.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 16 of 21
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

You have to check your credit reports to see if they recently SP'd you. In both case for me, they SP a month before I ask for CLI.

After I click the first screen we may pull your credit, the second screen for me was something like: After evaluating the account, there was no credit pulled.

If you havn't had CLI for 6 months with CITI, I say go for it. I have 1.1k balance (0% APR) the first CLI, for 2nd CLI I have 0 balance (still 0% promo) from them, 18 months + 6 months LOL!  I have the card since 2011.

The card I want the CLI on I got in Jan (and I got the TYP last week, and they did a pull for that).  I also have the Citi AA which is several years old.   The FAQ says

"Additionally, cardmembers who have had their Citi® issued credit card account for less than 6 months are not eligible for a credit line increase."

so I assume it is too soon.   I could try on the AA card, but that might use up future CLIs.

Message 17 of 21
bs6054
Valued Contributor

What do you guys think is a feasible amount from them?  I'm currently at 6500.  I've put alot of use through this card.

This is your Forward?  I am at 7K and I was thinking of $10K and see if they counter-offered.  But I will wait until it is 6 months old.

Message 18 of 21
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

First cli was 1600 to 3k, I requested 3k

Second was 3k to 4.2k I requested 5k

If I were in your place, I would ask for 9k and see what's up.

If you get approved for 9k, you maybe able to get more, but what is done is done. If you got offer like 8.5k then you know that you got the best they can offer with SP.

Message 19 of 21
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Congrats ! Every time I ask Citi for something, they always base it off a report they pulled a month or two ago. I applied for their Diamond Preferred & got instantly declined. I found out it was because of my report/score from two months ago. I got approved for it after their EO re-evaluated my application. Same thing happened when I asked for a CLI on my Forward. It can get annoying sometimes.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.