Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI Inquiry

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Citi CLI Inquiry

Hi All,

Within the past month, I received a CLI on my TY Premier card.  I have since upgraded my account to the Citi Prestige card.  Yes, I admit--I love the new design of the Prestige card.  

In regards to requesting another CLI via the LUV button, will I have to wait the full 6 months from the time I received a CLI on the TY Premier card?  Or, will I be able to requrest another CLI (without receiving the 6 month message) once the account fully converts to the Prestige card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Inquiry

I am pretty sure you will have to wait 6 months regardless. The Prestige would be considered a new product in regards to T&C. And their system should also keep track of when you did your last CLI. So your account will not be eligible for another 6 months. 

Message 2 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I think you have to wait 6 months between for a soft pull. If you want to take a HP, you can do as many as you like but your credit will suffer.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

You can request CLI any time with Citi. Sometimes the language in the CLI page says a hard pull is needed, some times it does not. I've only had success waiting 6 months between requests though.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested a CLI with CITI yesterday and the rep told me that every 6 month or you will turn down. Great news for me that I was approved because I was over 7 months from the approval day.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.