Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI Success

tag
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Citi CLI Success

Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone considering a Citi CLI. Few months ago I requested a CLI on my Citi Dividend and went from initial $4000 to $5500. Then today I requested a CLI on my Citi Forward, and they matched the same limit. $4000 to $5500. Both done with soft pulls and minimal use on the cards. I only have 1 reoccuring bill on each to keep the card active, always PIF. 

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Success

Nice congrats!

How long should I wait to request a CL, 6 months after getting the card?

Message 2 of 6
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

I love my Citi Diamond Preferred - not a ton of rewards, but I asked for/received a $1000 CLI with a SP only in April (it seems like GE cards, Amex, and Citi are the only ones allowing/granting requests with SP - BoA and Chase are pretty much a guaranteed HP).  I plan to keep asking regularly to help get my limit up there...

For xiownthisplacex - You can ask for a CLI six months after you get your card, and every 6 months thereafter (typically with a SP only).  I asked for my CLI when I'd had the card for 8 months, and it was approved.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 3 of 6
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Yes 6 months after opening card, or after the 6th statement.

Congrats Transplant! I love the SP CLI's.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask for a CLI before activating the card? I haven't recieved the card yet, but they gave me 2.5k, half the limit of my others CCs

Message 5 of 6
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask for a CLI before activating the card? I haven't recieved the card yet, but they gave me 2.5k, half the limit of my others CCs

You certainly can try, it also might result in another HP, depends if its worth it to you. I suppose you could tell them you won't even activate the card if they don't grant your request, but you already took the INQ for it, midas well keep it and ask for a CLI in 6 months.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.