cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI denied, advice please

Senior Contributor

Citi CLI denied, advice please

I am at the 6 months and asked for a CLI from 1k to 3k online and it was denided. I do not think they pulled my credit report because it is not showing as an inquiry on any of the reports. I realize now I probably asked for too muuch of an increase and maybe I should of just asked for $500 more.

 

When should I try again?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi CLI denied, advice please


john398 wrote:

I am at the 6 months and asked for a CLI from 1k to 3k online and it was denided. I do not think they pulled my credit report because it is not showing as an inquiry on any of the reports. I realize now I probably asked for too muuch of an increase and maybe I should of just asked for $500 more.

 

When should I try again?


Are you at your 6th statement or at 6 months since account opening day?


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi CLI denied, advice please


webhopper wrote:

john398 wrote:

I am at the 6 months and asked for a CLI from 1k to 3k online and it was denided. I do not think they pulled my credit report because it is not showing as an inquiry on any of the reports. I realize now I probably asked for too muuch of an increase and maybe I should of just asked for $500 more.

 

When should I try again?


Are you at your 6th statement or at 6 months since account opening day?


I opened this account on 3/27/12 so since opening my 6th statement came on 9/28

Also whats odd is it says mycredit score they gave me is as of August 2012 but I asked for the CLI online yesterday so I guess they are using an old score

Message 3 of 5
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi CLI denied, advice please

bump, so no advice of when I should try again?

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi CLI denied, advice please


john398 wrote:

bump, so no advice of when I should try again?


try asking for a manual review which I did. I had multiple inquiries since I just closed on a mortgage thus was denied on instantly on the website. 

My TL : Venture 33k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / Discover 28.5k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC13.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 15K / Freedom 10k / Citi AA 11.1k / Macy's Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / Express 1.4K/
Message 5 of 5