Senior Contributor
john398

Citi CLI denied, advice please

I am at the 6 months and asked for a CLI from 1k to 3k online and it was denided. I do not think they pulled my credit report because it is not showing as an inquiry on any of the reports. I realize now I probably asked for too muuch of an increase and maybe I should of just asked for $500 more.

When should I try again?

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: Citi CLI denied, advice please

john398 wrote:

I am at the 6 months and asked for a CLI from 1k to 3k online and it was denided. I do not think they pulled my credit report because it is not showing as an inquiry on any of the reports. I realize now I probably asked for too muuch of an increase and maybe I should of just asked for $500 more.

When should I try again?

Are you at your 6th statement or at 6 months since account opening day?

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
john398

webhopper wrote:

john398 wrote:

When should I try again?

Are you at your 6th statement or at 6 months since account opening day?

I opened this account on 3/27/12 so since opening my 6th statement came on 9/28

Also whats odd is it says mycredit score they gave me is as of August 2012 but I asked for the CLI online yesterday so I guess they are using an old score

Senior Contributor
john398

bump, so no advice of when I should try again?

Regular Contributor
cutemarty1

john398 wrote:

bump, so no advice of when I should try again?

try asking for a manual review which I did. I had multiple inquiries since I just closed on a mortgage thus was denied on instantly on the website. 

My TL : BCE AMEX 24k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival MC 15k / BoA 123 14k / Discover 13.5k / Citi World 12.8k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 10K / Freedom 10k / Citi AA 9.1k / Macy's Store 3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / AE 1.4k / Express 1.4K/

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+