Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI question- UPDATE

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question- UPDATE

@Whereis750 wrote:
How often can you request a CLI from CITI? I requested one online about 4 months ago. The system countered with a slightly lower increase and I took it.

Every 6 months from previous CLI.

Message 11 of 16
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question

When did you do yours?

And, how long have you had the card ?

Where did you find the limit increase request button ?

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 12 of 16
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I did mine online, 7th statement cut.

asked for 3k, got 2k automatically, soft pull.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 13 of 16
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Called in and they told me NO CLI for me.  7-10 day letter coming. BOO! 

I requested a CLI through a CSR.  I was denied.   I then asked if anything can be done.  She said she can send it for a manual review.  After about 2 hours I get a text message confirmation saying my request was approved from 7950 - 10,000.

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 14 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question

@andre181 wrote:

Over the phone, they'll be able to tell you if its a SP or HP. 

Online, you won't know until its too late IIRC.

I don't believe this is true.  I have only seen people get counter offers and it was a soft.  and asking for to much will not change rather the system counters or not... but if you call and ask to push for higher then counter or to have reviewed for it being denied you will then get a HP.

The 2 I saw increased, they asked for triple current CL like Amex... 1 got like 50-60% current line and the other got about 40-50% current CL if I remember correctly and instant online after having the cards for 6 months.

Message 15 of 16
Camilion
Regular Contributor

I Just went online to My City accounts....I have 2 Citi cards...both over 6 months....went to the request credit increase button....clicked and requested 3000 on Each of the two cards....Received an almost instant e-mail with the Congrats message and the $3000 increase on both!!....this was the easiest credit limit increase i've ever requested....I dont feel that it will be a hard pull.....Ill let you all know this information.....Also i have run a bit through these cards for a couple airline tickets but NOT a huge amount..

Hope this is incouragement for some of you to go try!!

Please let me know your success story!!!

Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.