Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI question?

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Citi CLI question?

I need some inisight on Citi CLI's. I know it's usually every 6 months with a SP, but how long do you have to wait to try again if you get a denial? Does it reset the 6 months? My 6 months is coming up in September and I want to make sure I don't goof it upWoman Very Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI question?

They et you try as often as you want, but sometimes the SP/HP wording changes.

Message 2 of 5
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They et you try as often as you want, but sometimes the SP/HP wording changes.

This.   You can try as often as you life, and it does not reset the 6 months.  Before requesting the increase it tells you if a credit report will be pulled. I have been denied for requesting an increase too soon and then a week later they gave me an increase =/

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's a soft pull. It won't ask you how much you want to increase by. It'll just give you the max amount that they are willing to give. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying the soft pull "too early" does not reset the 6 month counter.  Feel free to try it every few weeks until you hit your 6 months.  Better yet contact them I'm sure they can tell you when the last increase took place.  Keep an eye on the language to make sure it remains SP but to the best of my knowledge hitting the SP "early" won't cause it to turn into a HP instead.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.