Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CLI question

Hello. 

I have a Citi Diamond Credit Card (CL 4200) and I've had it for just 2 months.  I would rather wait 6-9 months to request a CLI, but while the balance is at 2500, I was thinking of requesting an online CLI next month (our central air went out & we had to replace the entire unit; while we got deferred 60 day financing, was going to put it on this card).  My question is, while not wise, can you successfully obtain a CLI from Citi after just 2 payments on relatively new card?  FICO 700.  Thank You for any/all input. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question

You need to wait at least 6 months before requesting a CLI. Citi will automatically deny you before that. I accidentally clicked on CLI back when I have the Forward card for 3 months and it denied me right away.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback.  I really thought/knew that after reading this site; just wanted to post to clarify. 

Message 3 of 5
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Same here. Only I clicked the CLI button out of curiosity (because it was there) after having the card for 2 or 3 months. It was instantly denied. I did it again after 6 months and it was instantly approved. No hard pull.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing.  Just need to wait it out, despite current situation.   It's a formula, but I guess it works if U follow it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.