Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CLI's

I've seen references to it many places around here, but how do you guys go about CLI's with Citi? 

I just finished my first full statement with the DC. When should I be looking to try to get a CLI? From what I gather, I should be planning on a hard pull for most Citi CLI's, correct? It'd be worth the pull for me in a few months or whenever if it's for a solid increase.

My starting limit is $1200. That's useful for me (I did put $3000 on it the first full month and ended with a $0 balance), but obviously more would be better. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI's

You just check the credit limit increase request page. It says very clearly if they will need to pull your report.

If it asks how much you want, it will be a HP.

If it just asks income, that is the SP option. After I finally got a 2nd SP CLI tonight the page now shows the HP form.
Message 2 of 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Citi CLI's

@Anonymous wrote:

I've seen references to it many places around here, but how do you guys go about CLI's with Citi? 

I just finished my first full statement with the DC. When should I be looking to try to get a CLI? From what I gather, I should be planning on a hard pull for most Citi CLI's, correct? It'd be worth the pull for me in a few months or whenever if it's for a solid increase.

My starting limit is $1200. That's useful for me (I did put $3000 on it the first full month and ended with a $0 balance), but obviously more would be better. 

If you don't add too many accounts between now and your 180 day anniversary. By the way, Citi is VERY sensitive to new accounts at the beginning of the relationship. You may have a SP increase waiting on you at the end of 180. For some of us it took longer to actually get it.

What I've learned, if you receive a SP increase and not happy with it. Immediately pull the trigger on the next screen and submit a request for what you want. That will be a HP. YMMV..As there are no absolutes or guarantees. 

If you wait too long after the SP to submit a request..You will be denied. The denial will state unable to give increase because of recent increase. Citi's increases are given strictly 180 days apart..Not a day sooner IME.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.