Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI vs new Citi card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CLI vs new Citi card

Hi.  I've had a Citi cc for about 20 months now.  I have a 53% balance on the card.  I am being flooded (at least for me) via regular mail, emails, and on my online account to apply for the Thank You card. 

Would trying for a CLI on my current Citi card (which I believe is a soft pull) hinder app'ing for the Thank You card?  Is there a particular order of doing this IF I were to do both? 

I am not in a great need to get a new credit card; but, I am exploring.  I think that waiting to app for a new card when my scores approach 750ish would give me a better initial CL.

About me:  700 FICO score (via Walmart), 1 hard pull in last 12 months, AAoA is 1 year 3 months, and overall utilization is 48%.

Thanks for your ideas/replies.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI vs new Citi card

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.  I've had a Citi cc for about 20 months now.  I have a 53% balance on the card.  I am being flooded (at least for me) via regular mail, emails, and on my online account to apply for the Thank You card. 

Would trying for a CLI on my current Citi card (which I believe is a soft pull) hinder app'ing for the Thank You card?  Is there a particular order of doing this IF I were to do both? 

I am not in a great need to get a new credit card; but, I am exploring.  I think that waiting to app for a new card when my scores approach 750ish would give me a better initial CL.

About me:  700 FICO score (via Walmart), 1 hard pull in last 12 months, AAoA is 1 year 3 months, and overall utilization is 48%.

Thanks for your ideas/replies.

I was in the same boat as you. I had the Diamond Preferred stuck at 1K when I was rebuilding my credit. No increase what so ever and requested a CLI every month (no lie). My file has got better all my baddies fell off and I apped for the Thank you Preferred and instantly approved for 6.5K this month. I then requested a CLI on Diamond and FINALLY I got an increase of 750. I took it of course. I then PC'd my Diamond to Thank you Preferred in hopes to combined it since my Diamond is little over 12 months old. 

But all CLI is always YMMV moments. This is just my story and what I did. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did U have a balance on your Diamond card when U app'd?  I've read where a zero balance is best, but also read that some companies prefer a balance. 

Message 3 of 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Yes I did I had about 10% UTI on this particular card, but overall I was about 5% accross all my cards. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.