Did you mean: 

Citi CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked for CLI before the first statement. Have a decline and was told to wait 6 month.

Is there any way to CLI earlier?

My potential spending on this card could hit 50% utilization rate.

Some details: TU 749 (Sep) EQ 751 (Aug) EX 757 (Aug)

Citi DC CL is 6500

Total CL is 73000

Only option is to take another HP.

Yep. Join the club! Smiley Happy Might be worth it, might not.

Message 71 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked for CLI before the first statement. Have a decline and was told to wait 6 month.

Citi DC CL is 6500

Total CL is 73000

Only option is to take another HP.

Yep. Join the club! Smiley Happy Might be worth it, might not.

Citibank usually sticks to the 6 month rule. You can try and request another CLI in a month or so, but it will probably be a HP. When I got my DC I wasn't successful in receiving a CLI at activation. I tried about a month or so after and my CL went from $2600 to 8K. Citibank has always been generous to me with CLIs. My CLIs are always HPs.

If you have to take a HP, then reach for the stars. Best of luck!

Message 72 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:
Citi is 6 months between cli via SP

Right, but my point is I've never had a SP CLI. Does the 6 months count from a HP CLI as well? And if so, would my HP be on the TYP where it originated or the DC where the credit ended up? 

I suppose if there's no clock resetting like AmEx, I just try on both for now if the SP is avail. But I'm curious if I should be eligible. 

Tried on the DC. SP Avail but denied due to too many newly opened accounts. I'm okay with that. 

Sorry you were denied. Every 6 months your account is eligible for a CLI.

Message 73 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:
Citi is 6 months between cli via SP

Right, but my point is I've never had a SP CLI. Does the 6 months count from a HP CLI as well? And if so, would my HP be on the TYP where it originated or the DC where the credit ended up? 

I suppose if there's no clock resetting like AmEx, I just try on both for now if the SP is avail. But I'm curious if I should be eligible. 

Tried on the DC. SP Avail but denied due to too many newly opened accounts. I'm okay with that. 

Sorry you were denied. Every 6 months your account is eligible for a CLI.

Good to know...

Message 74 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi DC CL is 6500

Total CL is 73000

Citibank has never had an issue with me using more than 50% of my CL. My Simplicity always has a balance on it. 

Data point:

current balance on Simplicity 18k; CL is 20k.

minimum payment $294; I pay $200 every week.

I use my DC every month too for general spend non category items. I always PIF even though it's still in an introductory period. All other credit cards generally report a $0 balance. I hope this helps. See you around the forum!

Message 75 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot. Another HP right now or 6 month later are obvious options. And I do not afraid of HPs and CS fluctuations.

I just wondered if there are some hidden options. Like kipping utilization ratio on this particular card low or high or zero... to improve chances for CLI.

Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.