Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CLI

I received an increase on my Forward card yesterday. It went from 1600 to 2500. I requested $900 and they instantly approved it with no pull.

I have had this card for just under a year (12 statement the other day). After the statement generated, I requested the cli but was instantly declined. The message said to try after the 9th since I have had a too recent cli (but the date was the 10th). Well 3 months ago I did get a CLI on my Platinum Select Dividends card. I figured that was the cause. Yesterday was the day after the Dividends statement.

Citi must consider other cards with them as well when requesting cli's?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi CLI

Think it's like Amex, 1 CLI per 6 month period no matter how many cards.

However next time with Citi I would ask for 5k or something way up there, the system instantly comes back with counter if it can't do what you asked.

Message 2 of 6
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received an increase on my Forward card yesterday. It went from 1600 to 2500. I requested $900 and they instantly approved it with no pull.

I have had this card for just under a year (12 statement the other day). After the statement generated, I requested the cli but was instantly declined. The message said to try after the 9th since I have had a too recent cli (but the date was the 10th). Well 3 months ago I did get a CLI on my Platinum Select Dividends card. I figured that was the cause. Yesterday was the day after the Dividends statement.

Citi must consider other cards with them as well when requesting cli's?

Im just about at the 6 month of acount opening  mark at Citi. When I click the Request CLI increase button it asks for Income, and other data. Is this normal? Or does this mean it will be a hard pull?

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My form asked for income and housing info. It was not a hard pull either time.
Message 4 of 6
Guava
Established Contributor

@xboxrunner wrote:

Im just about at the 6 month of acount opening  mark at Citi. When I click the Request CLI increase button it asks for Income, and other data. Is this normal? Or does this mean it will be a hard pull?

The form is stardard for all of us. It's chancy that it'd result in a hard pull, there's no telling.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I got a large CLI from CITI last September, but they never informed me that they would hard me. The only reason I asked for the CLI was because CITI didn't inform me that they would do a hard pull before I tapped the luv button. Now CITI refuses to remove the hard inq from my TU report.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.