Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Citi CLI?

I know Citi lets you ask every six months and I have been getting approved for increases but noticed they are only around $2,000 each time. Is that normal? I don't really mind it on my Simplicty or Thank you card but I would like a decent size increase on my Double cash card. It's limit is currently $3,700 but would love to have it around $6,000

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI?

Not sure if it's normal but every time I ask it has been decline. My card isn't six months old yet but I try every few weeks to see when they will cave since there's no HP right now. My card is only about 4 months old.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My SP jumps were always around $1500 on the Dividend and the DC.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

Not sure if it's normal but every time I ask it has been decline. My card isn't six months old yet but I try every few weeks to see when they will cave since there's no HP right now. My card is only about 4 months old.

Why do you say there are no HPs right now?  When I look at my accounts they all indicate that a report is going to be pulled

Message 4 of 11
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Because mine say no report will be pulled, it has been saying that for the past couple of months. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

Because mine say no report will be pulled, it has been saying that for the past couple of months. 

Nice, wish I could get that.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi has two different messages. I made the 'mistake' of not reading carefully enough thinking I was taking a SP and it was a HP. However, to balance that out I overshot and asked for $15k thinking they'd counter at 10 and I went from $4860 to $15k.

Sine then, I get the SP wording and no luv.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. mine says soft pull all the time... but it doesnt get approved. I believe it can still say a report will not be pulled, yet you will still be declined a CLI because enough time has not passed since last denial???

Message 8 of 11
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Citi has two different messages. I made the 'mistake' of not reading carefully enough thinking I was taking a SP and it was a HP. However, to balance that out I overshot and asked for $15k thinking they'd counter at 10 and I went from $4860 to $15k.

How long did you have your card before you received the increase?

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How long did you have your card before you received the increase?

Since 2006, having been CLD'd back in 2009/10.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.