Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI-UPDATE APPROVED

tag
Bmn5940
Contributor

Citi CLI-UPDATE APPROVED

Hi everyone!! So it's been a while since my last post. Firsy I'd like to say it's been almost 6 months no inquires so I'm staying strong in the garden. Anyway I was poking around my Citi account and saw I'm eligible for a soft pull CLI. I was just curious should I hit the love button right away or Wait until Monday when I pay my bill down to 0. Also any advice on Citi are they generous with increases? Any tips or tricks I should
Be aware of before I hit the love button.

Very Happily in the garden
Goal Cards:
None for Now
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI

What's your utilization on it? If it's below 30% I'd give it a go. Otherwise, pay it off then do it but it's likely going to be a computer decision either way...

Message 2 of 19
Bmn5940
Contributor

Utilization about 20% on that card total roughly 30%

Goal Cards:
None for Now
Message 3 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting the sp language. Fyi, its not always a sure thing that they will give you one when going for . YMMV.

I dont think hitting it now or Monday will make a difference. You are either eligble to receive one or not , and if they are gonna give you one , 2 or 3 days shouldnt make a difference.

Here on myFico, id say and alot of people would probably agree Citi can be on the stingy side on sls and clis. I think the norm on a soft pull cli is isually 12-1600 , though as always YMMV and those who have really good profiles or a profile Citi seems to like have reported getting more.

Once you go for it if approved i believe you have to wait 6 more months to try again. Good luck if you try at least this way you get to stay in the garden if approved, drinks on you in the gardenSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 19
Bmn5940
Contributor

Just pulled the trigger instant increase to 1,600!!!!!! Thank you everyone for your advice!! It's asking if I want to request more to be reviewed by credit department should I asked to be bumped to an even 2,000 or let it rest?

Goal Cards:
None for Now
Message 5 of 19
Bmn5940
Contributor

Scratch that it says they will pull a credit report if I request more so I'll just take what I was given! Super excited I got to get an increase after only having the card 4 months!!!

Goal Cards:
None for Now
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 6 statements cut with Citi. I hit the luv button after the 4th and got denied. Just noticed an auto CLI a few weeks after number 6. Small (from $1200 to $1700), but very, very useful for me. 

Message 7 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Papas, same boat as me. Took me 9 months just to get the sp button, no dice so far. They did give me $600 auto from 12 to $1800 so apparently that reset the clock. I think i can try for my first sp cli in AugustSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Bmn5940 wrote:
Just pulled the trigger instant increase to 1,600!!!!!! Thank you everyone for your advice!! It's asking if I want to request more to be reviewed by credit department should I asked to be bumped to an even 2,000 or let it rest?

Congrats Bmn on the CLI. IMHO, I wouldn't waste a HP to ask for $400.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after the 6 month mark on your Citi account a SP CLI button may show up?  What does this look like and where is it?  Yesterday was my first time ever signing into Citi and registering a card.  Say after 6 months you don't have a SP CLI invite or whatever it is called, does that lower your chances of a CLI should you request one anyway?  I'm trying to formulate a plan now even though this is going to be some 6 months away for me Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.