cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Card Closed after one late payment?!?!

tag
Chaz24NY

Citi Card Closed after one late payment?!?!

Hello,

I'm not sure what actions I can take now to remedy this situation but this just seems so unfair to me.  Here are the details:

Opened Citi CC May 2008 w/CL of $3,500

DOFD June 2009 -  reported 60 days late

CC "closed by grantor" June 2009

All payments prior to June 2009 and since June 2009 have been made on time

I am getting this info off of my EQ CR

They are also not reporting a credit limit

Please help - is there anything I can do?  This just doesn't seem fair to me at all...

Thanks

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 700+

size="1">Take
the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Card Closed after one late payment?!?!

Hi Chaz24NY! Welcome to the forums-- although, I'm sorry that it's under these circumstances.

First, are you saying that Citi just closed your card, now, in February 2010, or did they close it in June/July '09? You mentioned that "all payments prior to June 2009, and since June 2009 have been made on time."  However, you've noted that they reported a 60 day late. Did you pay less than the minimum, prior to being late (perhaps in May), missed the June payment, and brought it current in July? Also, what about your other cards? Have you had any lates with other lenders? Is your utilization high/maxed out? Are you making just the minimum payments? Any new derogs on yoru credit reports? These are all things that make lenders nervous, and these days quick to take adverse action, even cutting you off entirely.

One thought is that you can try calling Citi (check the backdoor thread stickied at the top of the forum) to ask them to reconsider the closure. Failing that, I'd just start trying to goodwill that 60 day late. I wouldn't be trying to get the account off my credit report, because the good is probably outweighing the bad. Well, that, and because there's no provision for disputing accurate information.

Message 2 of 3
akaniks
Established Member

Re: Citi Card Closed after one late payment?!?!

A 60 day late payment would imply that you missed two payments?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.