Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Card Decline/CR Dispute

tag
Vapchez
Valued Member

Citi Card Decline/CR Dispute

I was declined for a Citi PremierPass CC and called today after received receiving my decline letter.  The CSR I spoke to said it was declined because of a charge off account that is less than 2 years old.  They pulled Equifax and, luckily, I'd just pulled my report.  I read my report and it has an old chargeoff that I am waiting to fall off this Fall.  The date of last activity is November 2001 but there is a Status as of date of May 2006 which must be why Citi says it is less than 2 years old.  I want to send a Recon letter to Citi but I don't know if I should send my report with an explanation or dispute this account listing with Equifax first and, if I do so, how should I handle it?  Any advice would be appreciated. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Card Decline/CR Dispute

FWIW I tried doing this in the exact same position you are in now and all it got me was another inq on my CR.

You might just want to wait this out. Also, are you aware the PP doesn't report the CL?
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 4
Vapchez
Valued Member

Yes even though this particular card doesn't report CLs, I know Citi is a good company so I was hoping to get my foot in the door with one of their direct cards.  I already have a HD and Exxonmobil card which they manage.  This card also has a 0% BT until 6/09 so I was hoping to take advantage of that as well.  For your situation, did you dispute with the CRA?  If so, were you able to get them to fix the date?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not dispute this to EQ unless you want the date to be updated to today.

If you dispute and EQ verifies, it will just bring your score's lower since Fico see's it as a new derog.
(Ask me how I know? Smiley Tongue )
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.