Did you mean: 

Citi Card Denial

tag
BlueRaider

Citi Card Denial

Received a denial because of the following reason:

o   A collection inquiry was recorded on your credit bureau
report.

I've received a copy of my Experian report and there is no collection inquiry. I did recently refinance my mortgage but both inquiries for that are listed as Mortgage reporting. I sent Citi a copy of my experian report and they basically reiterated the denial for the same reason. However, Experian said they don't see a collection report either. What are my options?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Card Denial

Maybe they pulled a different report?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JM-AM wrote:

+1

And, it may not have been hard pull. They may have softed your other reports.

Message 3 of 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

+2

That's what I was thinking.  Maybe you want to pull one or both of your other reports especially if you're not aware of who's reporting what.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@JM-AM wrote:

+1

And, it may not have been hard pull. They may have softed your other reports.

+1

Message 5 of 8
RammaCredit
New Contributor

Citi pulls EQ. check that report. they pulled it for me and it is my worst one. They dont budge on the recons either.

Starting Score: TU:636 EQ:592
Current Score: TU:709 EQ:637 EX:706 (PSECU)
Goal Score: TU:790EQ:760 EX: 774

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
BlueRaider

Thanks for the replies. I checked my TU yesterday and am viewing EQ right now. EQ has fewer inquiries than the others, and all show no collection inquiry. The only thing I can think of is CBC INNOVIS pulled my credit due to my mortgage refinance, but they also do collections from my understanding.  However, the pull is listed as mortgage inquiry.. I am stumped.

Message 7 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Call citi again and demand an explanation. Demand them to tell you what this collection is.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.