Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Card Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Card Offer

A different kind of experience today with Citi. I received a Citi Mastercard that was issued by Citi in October that was replacing a dormant Macy's card that had not been used in years,. This created a furor when they came out because they were showing new accounts on everyone's credit report that got one. I asked for and got a CLI to $20K when I received it, so I decided to keep it and potentially do a product switch later if I found the need. I realized that the info that came with the card did not disclose the interest rate. I called to find out what it was.

The CSR informed me that the rate was 0%. I said, OK, what will it become? She said that it was 0 on purchases of $99 for three months and 0 on purchases of $299 for six months and that was a permanent feature of the card. If it does revolve past those limits the rate is high (13.74%). I thought about it and decided to keep it in case of major purchases that I want to spread. The trick will be not getting multiple purchases going together and losing the max time allowed The revolving rate is only charged on the unpaid balance at the end of the free period. This is a separate classification of Citi cards and can not be accessed on line right now. She said they expected that to be corrected in the next 60 days. This card can not be applied for according to her, but is simply an enhancement of a dormant card.

IMO they ran into a buzz saw and had not fully thought this thing out. I am not at all pleased about the no online access right now. I would end up worrying about my prodigal credit card and wonder what it is doing if I can not look at it when I want too (phone access is not the same for me). I will just let this one sit and see where it goes. After looking at potential product switch cards, I want a Citi Platinum Dividend Card. I may wait, or I may not... tongue smiley
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi Card Offer

In this day and age, on-line clunkiness is inexcusable. At any rate, it's really bad business.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.