Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Card Reporting False Information on Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Card Reporting False Information on Report

I paid off a citi card in 2006.  Last month Citi reported that this same account had a balance of $4,185 and it was supposedly 60 days past due.  I called Citi and reached an office headquartered in India.  He confirmed that it had a zero balance.  I am trying to lock in rates on a mtg and cannot do so until I prove that this account is paid in full or is current.  The office in India refuses to fax me a letter and twice now they have failed to send a letter when promised.  I'm furious and wondering if there is anyone I can reach in this country who can expedite things.  Does anyone have any backdoor information to contact Citi all the while avoiding the script readers in India?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Card Reporting False Information on Report

Have you tried the backdoor numbers here at the forum? 

Backdoor Numbers

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

That just irritates the sause out of me when I make a call to a company and wind up talking, ( or trying to understand ), to someone in another country.  They have no business knowing my business.  It is bad enough trying to deal with someone local, don't what you would do in a situation like that.  Good luck to you in trying to get it resolved. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I paid off a citi card in 2006.  Last month Citi reported that this same account had a balance of $4,185 and it was supposedly 60 days past due.  I called Citi and reached an office headquartered in India.  He confirmed that it had a zero balance.  I am trying to lock in rates on a mtg and cannot do so until I prove that this account is paid in full or is current.  The office in India refuses to fax me a letter and twice now they have failed to send a letter when promised.  I'm furious and wondering if there is anyone I can reach in this country who can expedite things.  Does anyone have any backdoor information to contact Citi all the while avoiding the script readers in India?

Head down to your local attorney and have him draft up an "Intent to sue letter" that should get them to correct the record. I've have to use this tactic from time to time. Disputing takes to long. This will take two weeks, if that.

Message Edited by 74king on 05-18-2009 05:25 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.