888Turtle

Citi Card Reporting False Information on Report

I paid off a citi card in 2006.  Last month Citi reported that this same account had a balance of $4,185 and it was supposedly 60 days past due.  I called Citi and reached an office headquartered in India.  He confirmed that it had a zero balance.  I am trying to lock in rates on a mtg and cannot do so until I prove that this account is paid in full or is current.  The office in India refuses to fax me a letter and twice now they have failed to send a letter when promised.  I'm furious and wondering if there is anyone I can reach in this country who can expedite things.  Does anyone have any backdoor information to contact Citi all the while avoiding the script readers in India?
Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

Re: Citi Card Reporting False Information on Report

Have you tried the backdoor numbers here at the forum? 

Backdoor Numbers

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

That just irritates the sause out of me when I make a call to a company and wind up talking, ( or trying to understand ), to someone in another country.  They have no business knowing my business.  It is bad enough trying to deal with someone local, don't what you would do in a situation like that.  Good luck to you in trying to get it resolved. 

FICOS
TU 805 12/12/14
EX 806 10/26/14
EQ 829 12/13/14
NASA 30K / / Amex 20k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Goal - At my age, just staying alive
Frequent Contributor
74king

[ Edited ]

888Turtle wrote:
I paid off a citi card in 2006.  Last month Citi reported that this same account had a balance of $4,185 and it was supposedly 60 days past due.  I called Citi and reached an office headquartered in India.  He confirmed that it had a zero balance.  I am trying to lock in rates on a mtg and cannot do so until I prove that this account is paid in full or is current.  The office in India refuses to fax me a letter and twice now they have failed to send a letter when promised.  I'm furious and wondering if there is anyone I can reach in this country who can expedite things.  Does anyone have any backdoor information to contact Citi all the while avoiding the script readers in India?

Head down to your local attorney and have him draft up an "Intent to sue letter" that should get them to correct the record. I've have to use this tactic from time to time. Disputing takes to long. This will take two weeks, if that.

Message Edited by 74king on 05-18-2009 05:25 PM
Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}