Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Cards

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Cards

@corymcd88 wrote:

Are Citi any good. I keep geting in the mail Citi Diamond and online it said Citi Simplicity that I was pre approved for. My EX is 690 FICO, EQ 833 FICO and TU 767. All have paid 1 CO and 1 collection on them all with about a year to SOL.

I have a Simplicty and a Double Cash card with Citi. So far I have been pleased. They don't seem to mind carrying a balance (in my experience) and have given me GREAT BT offers. 18 months at 0%...PLEASE and THANKS!

What I have not been a fan of, however, is that they are pull happy: 2 HPs each time I opened a card--1 on EX and 1 on EQ. Another HP for CLI request and another HP for reallocating limits between cards. Both of those were on EQ. So, in less than 18 months I received 6 HPs from Citi.

But at the end of the day I have always gotten what I asked for from them.

Loving the Double Cash--already have $231 saved up in rewards.

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

If you have a lot of recent inquiries, don't waste your time with Citi. They are very strict when it comes to the number you can have in the last six months. 6 seems to be their maximum 

@Popa,

Eh?  Thanks for posting that as I get an offer from them every singe day.  I don't care for them at the moment until I app for the prestige so good to know. Don't have any Citi card and will wait.  Great info.

Message 12 of 30
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

If you have a lot of recent inquiries, don't waste your time with Citi. They are very strict when it comes to the number you can have in the last six months. 6 seems to be their maximum 

@Popa,

Eh?  Thanks for posting that as I get an offer from them every singe day.  I don't care for them at the moment until I app for the prestige so good to know. Don't have any Citi card and will wait.  Great info.

I give Flyer Talk a lot of credit there. They really seem to know a lot about how Citi applications work and that was one of the big things that they stress on their website because people with 7 inquiries in the last six months  have been denied mainly for that reason. If you're in the position where you want to get app for a Citi card, just check out the information that's on that website. I don't read it regularly but I have seen a few threads there that have been helpful for me as well.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Popa,

I give Flyer Talk a lot of credit there. They really seem to know a lot about how Citi applications work and that was one of the big things that they stress on their website because people with 7 inquiries in the last six months  have been denied mainly for that reason. If you're in the position where you want to get app for a Citi card, just check out the information that's on that website. I don't read it regularly but I have seen a few threads there that have been helpful for me as well.

@popa.. 

Cool.. Will do.  I usually read million mile secrets but I will start paying attantion to that site also.  Thanks for the info.

Message 14 of 30
Involver
Valued Contributor

Only have a single Citi card (DC) but no complaints thus far. High limit, low apr, customer service had been competent.

Eying the AA Platinum for the 50k miles signup.
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding the two pull problem, has anyone tried {Edited-MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator}I hate creditors who make more than 1 pull. cough,cap1!

Message 16 of 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Regarding the two pull problem, {Edited} I hate creditors who make more than 1 pull. cough,cap1!

Preach brotha!

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not that uncommon. chase also double pulls around here. Sometimes BoA too, although less often. 

cap1 is as far as I know the only one that triple pulls. 

Message 18 of 30
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Popa,

I keep getting offer all the time also.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Regarding the two pull problem, has anyone tried {Edited-MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator}I hate creditors who make more than 1 pull. cough,cap1!

Tried what?

Asking them nicely to only pull one?

I asked. They said "Not happenin'" Then they asked if I wanted to proceed.

I said "Not happenin'" Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.