Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Cash Returns - How does it report.

tag
zeek69
Valued Member

Citi Cash Returns - How does it report.

Hi

I just received my Citi Cash Returns card. It's my first prime card in about 10 years and my second card since I started repairing my credit in February.

The statement is cut on June 26th. When I called to activate the card I asked when they report to the CRA's and the rep said they only report when a member is delinquent. I am sure she was misinformed. Does anyone have this card and know when /how it reports?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Cash Returns - How does it report.

I don't have the card, but I am positive it reports like virtually all others.

CCC CSRs have no idea what they are talking about approximately 50% of the time, especially when it comes to arcane issues like credit reporting schedules.  A BofA CSR told me that my card would only be reported every 6 months or so, or if I went delinquent.  Yet, there it is, updating away every single month like it should.  I knew he was full of it, too, though.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi reports monthly. I'm not sure when they report exactly though. According to my report I pulled yesterday, they haven't reported any June activity yet.. it still says my May balance....
Message 3 of 6
brooklyngal
Contributor

That's not true.  I have this card and it reports every month.

zeek69 wrote:
Hi

I just received my Citi Cash Returns card. It's my first prime card in about 10 years and my second card since I started repairing my credit in February.

The statement is cut on June 26th. When I called to activate the card I asked when they report to the CRA's and the rep said they only report when a member is delinquent. I am sure she was misinformed. Does anyone have this card and know when /how it reports?

Thanks!

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost all cards report on the day the statement cuts, Amex and HSBC are the two big exceptions.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

debtisgood wrote:
Almost all cards report on the day the statement cuts, Amex and HSBC are the two big exceptions.

Just a little clarification:

Amex does report statement balances, so they are not an exception in the same sense that HSBC is an exception.

Amex reports the statement balance, but will report that balance three weeks to a month later, effectively making it appear that they are reporting a month behind.  However, to control reported utilization on an Amex card, it is the statement balance you want to target, since that is the balance that will be reported eventually.

HSBC, however, does not report statement balances at all.  So to control reported utilization on an HSBC card, you can safely ignore the statement balance, and target the balance on the last business day of the month.

When a creditor reports is not important in this calculation.  Which day's balance the creditor reports is really the only thing that matters.  In that respect, Amex is no different from all the other CCCs, but HSBC is.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.