Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Member

Citi Cash Returns - How does it report.

Hi

I just received my Citi Cash Returns card. It's my first prime card in about 10 years and my second card since I started repairing my credit in February.

The statement is cut on June 26th. When I called to activate the card I asked when they report to the CRA's and the rep said they only report when a member is delinquent. I am sure she was misinformed. Does anyone have this card and know when /how it reports?

Thanks!
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Cash Returns - How does it report.

I don't have the card, but I am positive it reports like virtually all others.

CCC CSRs have no idea what they are talking about approximately 50% of the time, especially when it comes to arcane issues like credit reporting schedules.  A BofA CSR told me that my card would only be reported every 6 months or so, or if I went delinquent.  Yet, there it is, updating away every single month like it should.  I knew he was full of it, too, though.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Frequent Contributor

Citi reports monthly. I'm not sure when they report exactly though. According to my report I pulled yesterday, they haven't reported any June activity yet.. it still says my May balance....
7/3/08- EQ= 642
UTIL=98% (12/07) 87%((4/08)-41%(5/08)-29%(06/08) GOAL- >9% by 12/08
Contributor

That's not true.  I have this card and it reports every month.

zeek69 wrote:
Hi

I just received my Citi Cash Returns card. It's my first prime card in about 10 years and my second card since I started repairing my credit in February.

The statement is cut on June 26th. When I called to activate the card I asked when they report to the CRA's and the rep said they only report when a member is delinquent. I am sure she was misinformed. Does anyone have this card and know when /how it reports?

Thanks!

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Valued Contributor

Almost all cards report on the day the statement cuts, Amex and HSBC are the two big exceptions.

Moderator Emeritus

debtisgood wrote:
Almost all cards report on the day the statement cuts, Amex and HSBC are the two big exceptions.

Just a little clarification:

Amex does report statement balances, so they are not an exception in the same sense that HSBC is an exception.

Amex reports the statement balance, but will report that balance three weeks to a month later, effectively making it appear that they are reporting a month behind.  However, to control reported utilization on an Amex card, it is the statement balance you want to target, since that is the balance that will be reported eventually.

HSBC, however, does not report statement balances at all.  So to control reported utilization on an HSBC card, you can safely ignore the statement balance, and target the balance on the last business day of the month.

When a creditor reports is not important in this calculation.  Which day's balance the creditor reports is really the only thing that matters.  In that respect, Amex is no different from all the other CCCs, but HSBC is.
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.