Established Contributor
voidman

Citi Cash back - Declined - Any chance of recon?

[ Edited ]
Well,

I applied for the credit card after checking my score to be around 668 & 691. It got declined due to insufficient credit history ( 8 months :smileyvery-happy: ) so do you guys think that I could call for recon? would it make sense ?

Message Edited by voidman on 06-20-2008 11:03 PM
-void
Established Contributor
voidman

Re: Citi Cash back - Declined - Any chance of recon?

[ Edited ]
Today morning I called up the Citi rep to reconsider... She said that for the cases that were rejected due to insufficient history, they don't re-assess the application.

She offered me for a Citi Secured Card instead.

Message Edited by voidman on 06-21-2008 10:54 AM
-void
Valued Contributor
debtisgood

That is good to know. I assume you would be a lock at 1.5 years. Those are good scores for 8 months of history, you are going to be fine long term. I would avoid applying for cards besides maybe a store card you will use (if you don't already have one), they I would hit up 2 prime banks for cards at the 1.5 year mark.

Goodluck!
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Call back during the week for recon.
Frequent Contributor
mrsanderson

there strict but id say call back a couple of times and try to get a different rep!
~EveryThing Is Within REach~FICO FORUM roCKs.....
Established Contributor
voidman

Deptisgood,

yeah you make sense, I guess I underestimated the short history as I had a "good" score... but they both go hand in hand, I learned that a good score with short history is not really good.

So I would say the FICO scoring is flawed (in a way), I should not have got scores that "high" with short credit history, its misleading to me, makes sense?

btw,

I have
1000cl Wells Fargo Secured Card Visa, 8 months old
500 Capital one, 0 AF, MC, 3 months old
400 Mervysn, 0 AF, Store Card, 3 months old
10k Auto Loan with Honda Finance for 36 months. 6 months old.

I have been paying them regularly, my avg util used to be around 40-50% before I realised that that is not a good util, for past 2 months my util is around 10-20%.
-void

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+