cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Cash back - Declined - Any chance of recon?

tag
voidman
Established Contributor

Citi Cash back - Declined - Any chance of recon?

Well,

I applied for the credit card after checking my score to be around 668 & 691. It got declined due to insufficient credit history ( 8 months Smiley Very Happy ) so do you guys think that I could call for recon? would it make sense ?

Message Edited by voidman on 06-20-2008 11:03 PM
-void
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
voidman
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Cash back - Declined - Any chance of recon?

Today morning I called up the Citi rep to reconsider... She said that for the cases that were rejected due to insufficient history, they don't re-assess the application.

She offered me for a Citi Secured Card instead.

Message Edited by voidman on 06-21-2008 10:54 AM
-void
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is good to know. I assume you would be a lock at 1.5 years. Those are good scores for 8 months of history, you are going to be fine long term. I would avoid applying for cards besides maybe a store card you will use (if you don't already have one), they I would hit up 2 prime banks for cards at the 1.5 year mark.

Goodluck!
Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Call back during the week for recon.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

there strict but id say call back a couple of times and try to get a different rep!
Message 5 of 6
voidman
Established Contributor

Deptisgood,

yeah you make sense, I guess I underestimated the short history as I had a "good" score... but they both go hand in hand, I learned that a good score with short history is not really good.

So I would say the FICO scoring is flawed (in a way), I should not have got scores that "high" with short credit history, its misleading to me, makes sense?

btw,

I have
1000cl Wells Fargo Secured Card Visa, 8 months old
500 Capital one, 0 AF, MC, 3 months old
400 Mervysn, 0 AF, Store Card, 3 months old
10k Auto Loan with Honda Finance for 36 months. 6 months old.

I have been paying them regularly, my avg util used to be around 40-50% before I realised that that is not a good util, for past 2 months my util is around 10-20%.
-void
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.