Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Cashreturns and Citi Professional w/ TYN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Cashreturns and Citi Professional w/ TYN

First off, thanks for all of the help gang - with your help/advice/support I have improved my scores across the board by an average of 90 points and had my BK7 drop in the past two months...  It has been an exciting time after not getting any preapps over the past 10 years - ughhhh!

I got approved for a Chase Freedom and Discover More last month and since then, preapps have been flying in my mailbox.  Well I got 2 citi preapps - one for Cashreturns and one for the Diamond Preferred, so I apped for the Cashreturns yesterday thinking it would be the better of the 2 for me based on my spending habits!  It was great - instant approval, received an email stating: "Congratulations and welcome to Citi CashReturns(SM) Card membership! Your account was approved on 09/28/2008 with a credit line of $8,100. You should receive your new card and Card Agreement within a week."  I was in heaven.

Today I get an email stating: "Thank you for applying for a Citi CashReturns(SM) Card account.
We have additional information we would like to discuss with you to ensure we provide you with the product that best meets your needs."  I thought, oh boy, could this be a wierd way to get me to call and inform me of a denial?!?!?  I call and the rep tells me they have great news, you prequalify for a Citi Pro w/ TYN, would you like this card as well?  I thought what the heck, sure, since I wanted about 4-5 prime cards and can't get an AMEX again!!!

Here is my question/problem?  Isn't Citi Pro for small bus. customers?  Should I take the card or call back to cancel?  Any advice is appreciated...

Message Edited by forrestfico on 09-29-2008 06:53 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Cashreturns and Citi Professional w/ TYN

take the card, if nothing else just to combine the lines into the cash returns if possible? congrats rcvd over 1k in cash back in the past 6 months on mine.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks imducky, good idea - hopefully they'll let me combine the 2...  You must really be pushing a ton of money through the card to get over 1k cashback in 6 mos - very nice!!!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

over 100 tranactions every month, and the first 3 cycles was 5 percent cash back.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.