Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Caught Fraudulent Activity!

tag
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Citi Caught Fraudulent Activity!

I got a text message from Citi this afternoon saying that they caught potential fraudulent activity on my account.  After signing into my account, I saw the same message.  I've never had any fraudulent activity on my account before, and must say the entire proces was painless.  They caught the activity, suspended the card, and immediately contacted me.  After a call to confirm that it was indeed fraudulent activity, they are giving me a new account number and sending over a new card.  Apparently the guy tried to process the payment four times.  Thankfully Citi caught it!  They just earned some brownie points with me! Smiley Very Happy

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Caught Fraudulent Activity!

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:

I got a text message from Citi this afternoon saying that they caught potential fraudulent activity on my account.  After signing into my account, I saw the same message.  I've never had any fraudulent activity on my account before, and must say the entire proces was painless.  They caught the activity, suspended the card, and immediately contacted me.  After a call to confirm that it was indeed fraudulent activity, they are giving me a new account number and sending over a new card.  Apparently the guy tried to process the payment four times.  Thankfully Citi caught it!  They just earned some brownie points with me! Smiley Very Happy

Thats a great thing when the creditor catches it first and notifies you then vise versa.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going Citi!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

That's great news! Don't you love dumb criminals? Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 8
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
That's great news! Don't you love dumb criminals? Smiley Happy

The thing is that the cops rarely will get involved to track down the cretins that do this stuff. Seems like the bad guys just figure the odds are on thier side. Worst thing that happens is the stolen card no longer works. Could be wrong, just seems that way too me.
Message 6 of 8
nolongeraneqaddict
Valued Member

I had that happen a couple years ago, driving on road trip phone rang and card had been compromised 10 mins later they were sending me a new card and everything was painless. Props to Citi!

START (01/13):TU: 701 | EQ: 692 | EX: 706
CURRENT: TU: 739 (FICO 5/13) | EQ: 711 (FICO 2/13) | EX: 725 (PLUS 5/13) in the garden since 3/9/2013
GOALS: 750 by 01/14
Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier | Chase Freedom | Chase Slate | AMEX Blue Cash Everday | Citi Dividend |
Citi Simplicity | USAA Rewards | Walmart Discover |
Message 7 of 8
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome and exactly why I use credit cards over debit cards. Exactly why!
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.