Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Cli approved- ask for more?

tag
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

Citi Cli approved- ask for more?

I called last night and was able to get a credit limit increase from 830 to 1500. Should I try to recon and get a larger limit. I know thats a pretty large increase (almost 50% more) so I'm not complaining. Anyone else had luck?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Cli approved- ask for more?

bump, is this even possible with citi?, congrats on your cli though

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 2 of 22
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

Thanks. I was pretty happy!
Message 3 of 22
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Was it a SP or HP?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 22
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

I'm not exactly sure what it was yet. I'm fearful it was a hard pull. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 22
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

you got CLI so you are done with Citi for another 6 months

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 6 of 22
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

I did the same thing with my Thank You card; it was a SP for the initial CLI and then a HP once I requested more (didnt know it would be a HP or else I wouldnt have done it!!). To make it worse, I didnt get any more than I did the first time lol Just sit tight for 6 months and request again. I always request about double what I actually want since they counter. 

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmthomas06 wrote:

I did the same thing with my Thank You card; it was a SP for the initial CLI and then a HP once I requested more (didnt know it would be a HP or else I wouldnt have done it!!). To make it worse, I didnt get any more than I did the first time lol Just sit tight for 6 months and request again. I always request about double what I actually want since they counter. 

+1 It's a SP at first but they will HP your file if you ask for more. Just wait 6 months and you can get another CLI with SP only.

Message 8 of 22
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@SarcasticComputer wrote:
I called last night and was able to get a credit limit increase from 830 to 1500. Should I try to recon and get a larger limit. I know thats a pretty large increase (almost 50% more) so I'm not complaining. Anyone else had luck?

I entered a crazy "credit limit increase" of $25K, initial CL was $10K. I just knew i would get denied, but it was approved via a SP. Smiley Surprised

Message 9 of 22
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Wow 25K, nice!  I see you have the mastercard version of the Dividend but on the website they only offer a Visa.  Do you know if they still offer the MC version?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.