Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Closed All My Accounts

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Closed All My Accounts

@chalupaman wrote:

I'm amazed this got bumped. I had updated what happened on other threads, especially with EO's adherence to CARD Act and age limitations. I can guarantee that I'm not doing business with them again in the near future.

Non trivial incidence of AA threads on the forum, I'm expecting people to continue to post on them for a while... people actually using the search function for once! Cat Tongue

(I kid, I kid)

        
Message 271 of 275
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I'm amazed this got bumped. I had updated what happened on other threads, especially with EO's adherence to CARD Act and age limitations. I can guarantee that I'm not doing business with them again in the near future.

Non trivial incidence of AA threads on the forum, I'm expecting people to continue to post on them for a while... people actually using the search function for once! Cat Tongue

(I kid, I kid)

Lol. This thread needed more humor. You and jsucool have written some of the funniest comments here.

Big irony for me is that after this happened, I got what I always wanted with Chase Amazon and Barclays gave me a $500 CLI and I suspect I might be getting more from them soon. I don't think I miss Citi one bit anymore.

A lot of the time even before this happened they were a pain to deal with, especially with how inconsistent and often poor I found their customer service to be. I even remember one clueless woman on the phone who kept telling me that I had no APR reduction offers despite having the card for over a year and could barely understand what I was telling her and then EO was able to reduce the APR anyway. I swear that a lot of these reps I've dealt with at Citi only know how to read generic responses to questions and don't really know much else.

Chase gets even more of my business now anyway and if Barclays and BoA keep it up, I'm going to respect them even more too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 272 of 275
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, I think we may be seeing a shift in the landscape: it used to be that if one lender got spooked they all started running like a herd of zebras away from the lion.

Now I think they realized if one lender whacks them, if their own risk analysis is happy with the customer now especially with the reduced exposure, give them a lollipop rather than another slap.  I'm pretty realistic about the fact I know Chase only "likes" me as I run the bulk of my financial life through there and it's just a business transaction to them; however, it's not lost on me the abused customer relationship I had with BOFA and Chase was overly generous in comparison to what I had before and as such I'm not seeing them as objectively as others.

        
Message 273 of 275
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Don't open 50 credit cards and this won't happen.

I really wouldn't know what to do with 50 cards anyway, unless I wanted to be the next Ron1 or something. I had made it a point to have less than 20 and had always closed cards I didn't need along the way so I fully acknowledge I should have been 100x more careful this month than I was, especially with trying to go for two Citi cards in a month.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 274 of 275
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Yeah, I think we may be seeing a shift in the landscape: it used to be that if one lender got spooked they all started running like a herd of zebras away from the lion.

Now I think they realized if one lender whacks them, if their own risk analysis is happy with the customer now especially with the reduced exposure, give them candy rather than another slap.  I'm pretty realistic about the fact I know Chase only "likes" me as I run the bulk of my financial life through there and it's just a business transaction to them; however, it's not lost on me the abused customer relationship I had with BOFA and Chase was overly generous in comparison to what I had before and as such I'm not seeing them as objectively as others.

That seems to be very true for me so far. Besides Citi, I haven't had any other AA from other lenders I have cards with, though I don't know how much closing a huge credit line had to do with anything either. I don't wanna get denied in the future for stuff I really want just because of too much available credit or something like that.

Message 275 of 275
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.