Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Comes Thru Again... Massive Double APR reduction

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Citi Comes Thru Again... Massive Double APR reduction

just hit up online chat. The last APR reduction on my AAdvantage Platinum was on June 24th where I got 10.99%. Fast forward today, I decided to try again and this time around they lowered it to a rate of 8.99%. I can't even believe it!!! This ranks as my lowest APR ever knocking out my credit union rate. Well that's not all... I asked the same rep to see if they could lower the rate on my Prestige card as well... 2weeks ago I had asked and there was nothing available for me... well she comes back 2mins later and offers to lower the rate to 14.99% from 15.24% it's currently at. I couldn't be any more satisfied... And by the way I was also credited $25 for a checked bag fee for an international flight. Gotta luv Citi 😳😳😳😳

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Comes Thru Again... Massive Double APR reduction

Nice

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

4.99% is very low!   So, Citi AA as emergency spend card, who would have guessed....

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, very nice.. Enjoy it.

Message 4 of 18
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

4.99% is very low!   So, Citi AA as emergency spend card, who would have guessed....

I know right. Funny thing I remembered this other poster here that stated he also had a 4.99% APR on his card but I didn't believe it one bit. Now I get first hand experience and it's so true. Crazy thing is lowest advertised rate if I'm not mistaken is 13.99%. Now only if I could swap the limit with my $11k Prestige (would be very ideal) but unfortunately they refused to increase the $2k limit it has had since I got it in April 2014. Oh well I guess they are making up for it with all these crazy low APRs...

Message 5 of 18
lukepwnsall
Regular Contributor

WELCOME TO THE CITI 4.99%! CLUB!!!

I love my AA plat at 4.99% 4k CL and my DC (was AA gold) 4.99% 2.5kCL card

all you have to do is keep asking and I think this Is the lowest they go.

TU 786 (10/23) EQ 794 (10/23) EX 773 (10/23)
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is amazing!! Congrats!

Message 7 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So, for the fun of it trying myself.   Much less success, Forward: no, at lowest APR available.   AA (which is a Plat Select and Amex combination) from 15.24 to 14 point something.   So, some way to go.   Surprised in that I never user the AA card, whereas Forward sees a small amount of spend.

Message 8 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats. You are living up to your name Smiley Embarassed

Message 9 of 18
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

So, for the fun of it trying myself.   Much less success, Forward: no, at lowest APR available.   AA (which is a Plat Select and Amex combination) from 15.24 to 14 point something.   So, some way to go.   Surprised in that I never user the AA card, whereas Forward sees a small amount of spend.

That's something at least, congrats! And u know what?! just keep asking for reduction at every statement cut until u get there. Some reductions I got were in 3weeks interval so u never know. The AA Platinum used to be my primary card until I quit using it 3months ago. The current balance on the card is $29 not counting the pending $25 credit they gave me... So keep trying LTL 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.