Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ..Conversation With Analyst...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Citi ..Conversation With Analyst...

So, I called this number 605-331-1372

A guy answered the phone and said "Credit"  I gave him all my account info and he said due to my bk that I filed in 2009, I wont be able to get a CLI for 7 years,  He said in "credit", our hands are tied, we can't recon decisions and everyone is treated the same, as we have to be fair

BUT

He did go on to say sometimes the marketing department issues credit line increases in batch format to everyone with lets say a score between x and x and this is how people get auto cli's

This gives me hope that if my score gets high enough, maybe I will get one

Anyway I thought I would share this conversation.  The guy was very very nice, as well

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi ..Conversation With Analyst...

Sorry to smash your dream, but as a cardholder of 3 Citi CCs, I can say without doubt that Citi doesn't do auto CLI.

You can request your first CLI online once you are on your 7th statement. From there you can request CLI every 6 months from the last CLI.

Message 2 of 7
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Maybe they don't, but all I was doing was tying here what the guy said...you are welcome to call him and ask him if that is valid and if so, why you never got an auto cli

Message 3 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

It is not an individual case. Citi stopped doing auto CLI (along with doing major CLD across the board) at 2009 (recession).

Message 4 of 7
Jlu
Established Contributor

Did you need an existing account or is this a general recons line?
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 7
ajh5408
Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Sorry to smash your dream, but as a cardholder of 3 Citi CCs, I can say without doubt that Citi doesn't do auto CLI.

Actually, I received a $1,000 auto-CLI on my Dividend a couple weeks ago... Not huge, and maybe not common, but they do happen.

Message 6 of 7
andre181
Established Contributor

I got a $1000 auto CLI on my Citi Forward in June or July of 2010. And it was just a month after I had requested a CLI which was approved. 2 CLI's in 2 months.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.