Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Anywhere Visa - Now LIVE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Visa - Live

@danlaxx1 wrote:

If I apply online, am I able to print out something and use it in store BEFORE I get my actual card? I want to buy something this weekend but I'm afraid I wont get the card in time. 

yes a temporary card can be issued at the membership desk, they just need your DL and you have to input your last 4 and DOB. 

Message 81 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Visa - Now LIVE!

@Anonymous wrote:
Trying to find a replacement card for "Dining" category because of the loss of Citi Forward (5% at restaurants). Was planning on getting the Costco Visa (or preferably product changing to Costco Visa from Citi Forward) for the 3% at restaurants. You mention there are other cards that have the same or better rewards as the Costco Visa (not looking for US Bank card because dining is only at fast food places). As a bonus, if the card also had a bonus for "Entertainment" category (like Citi Forward 5%), that would be great I spend a fair amount for concert tickets. Any suggestions other than the Citi Costco Visa? Thanks in advance.

Marvel card from Synchrony Bank.

Message 82 of 98
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Marvel would be a good card for food and entertainment,  Plus it doesn't require the Costco fee.

Message 83 of 98
yfan
Valued Contributor

Something pretty cool happened after my Costco Visa got activated today. My other 2 Citi cards did not get my usual CLI in February. I figured it was because of the move from Amex to Citi for the card. That checked out. Today I got $1600 increases each on my Citi DC and Diamond Preferred.

Message 84 of 98
My2cents
Regular Contributor

How often does Citi give CLI.  I just got approvedSmiley LOL2K

700 Club Member
Message 85 of 98
ceejx
Established Contributor

Instant approval for 8k in store! Woohoo. EX pulled, score is around 720 6inq (2 within the last 12 months)

Message 86 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't even received my Card for the transfer from Amex Costco TE card... Anyone else?

Had you used your TE lately?  I had two TE's; the personal version and the business version.  I had been using the business card somewhat reguarly, but hadn't used the personal one in over six months.  I received my business Citi Costco card in early May, but not the personal.  In early June, I put a small charge on the personal TE, and within a couple of weeks I received my personal Citi Costco card.  My guess is that they were looking to weed out dormant accounts by just not issuing the Citi replacement card if the TE card had gone unused in a while.  My suggestion would be to call Costco and/or Citi about it.  I believe there's a telephone number for the conversion process available at Costco.

Chris.

Message 87 of 98
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure if this is across the board, but I think you can't PC between network types (IE can't PC a Mastercard to a Visa - within a given lender).

Could be mistaken, but if so please let me know. I also have a Citi Thankyou Preferred and it sits in the old sock drawer because it is 100% useless given my newer cards. If they will let us PC it to the Costco Visa, I would definitely be able to use that.

I have PCed my TY preferred from a Visa to a MC so i see no reason assuming they allow PC's to the Costco card...

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 88 of 98
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Not applying but I'm glad Citi made the card more useful for Costco shoppers. I just am too impatient to wait a year for my rewards, plus every Costco around here is an absolute zoo all the time and unpleasant to shop in. I prefer BJs. Less crazy.

Meh 2% is slightly better than 1% for a CB that can only be used at Costco. Yeah I know I can go say buy a case of water and ask for cash but that is just another step ....

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 89 of 98
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

I wish Citi went with MC for the Costoc card Smiley Sad .... I wanted to use my premier but I guess ill just use my citi Hilton card or Chase Freedom

Message 90 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.