Citi Costco Anywhere Visa - Now LIVE!

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Visa - Live

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Application away! Got a 1 wk response.

My equifax is my weakest score - 690 as of 5/24/2016 (Whatever FICO version Citi gives you with the DC card)

Fingers crossed!

Sitting here at work, thinking about my recon call when they open. and pop over to check my email . . . Approved (edit - 5500 limit)!  4.5 hours after I app'd.

Is 5500 a common starting limit?  Better than when DC came out (yes, I remember Smiley Wink).

Signature needs updating
Message 41 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that the terms were that the annual membership fee would be auto-applied to the card each year and that the cash back in a voucher each February to be redeemed for cash or merchandise in-store. I'm fine with all that, but I'm curious if the Amex was that way as well?

Message 42 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Application away! Got a 1 wk response.

My equifax is my weakest score - 690 as of 5/24/2016 (Whatever FICO version Citi gives you with the DC card)

Fingers crossed!

Sitting here at work, thinking about my recon call when they open. and pop over to check my email . . . Approved (edit - 5500 limit)!  4.5 hours after I app'd.

Is 5500 a common starting limit?  Better than when DC came out (yes, I remember Smiley Wink).

So far, there's been a 4K 2x5500 and an 11,500...not sure if we have a pattern yet!

Message 43 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Visa - Now LIVE!

Noxqs -yes, same with AmEx. Re the membership fee and voucher. I'm always surprised people don't complain more re:waiting for rewards on these (sam's too I think) but they do about waiting a month with AmEx. Eta: bcp etc

Message 44 of 98
halos24
Frequent Contributor

I look forward to my nice little check I get from Costco 2% for the Execurive memes hip and the Amex one which will now come from Citi. We shop there a lot so we usually use it towards a really big purchase during that time like furniture ect.... Plus their gas prices are great. We live in S. California so we have them all over in our area. Has any one asked for a cli yet?
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 45 of 98
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update on PC'ing my TYP to the Costco card - 2 reps told me that I have to wait a week as it's still too new to do a PC.. anyone else tried?

This is normal. Usually you cannot PC when a card has just been released. Was the same story with Double Cash.

Be patient and I think it will work out fine in a week.

Message 46 of 98
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@bada_bing wrote:

I'm unfamiliar with Citi. Does Citi do any version of 2 apps on one pull like Chase ?

I have been planning to app for a couple more cards in the fall - A CSP and a DC. I'd

add on a Citi Costco if it could be done on the same pull as a DC ? I'm only an

occasional Costco shopper, but the 4% gas looks like a good backup to Sallie Mae

for fuel purchases in case Sallie ever gets nerfed.

Think there's any chance of a sign up bonus on the Costco Visa after the opening

stampede wanes ?

If you don't shop there too often, it may or may not be worth paying the Costco fee for the 4% on gas, since you can get 3% on gas with many cards and no annual fee. The extra 1% would have to cancel out the fee, which it may or may not do with your spend.

I wouldn't expect a sign up bonus on this card. This isn't really a "regular card" for people to just sign up for because of a bonus, etc. It's intended for a long term, loyal Costco shopper, so doubt they will ever provide a bonus, especially with the generous rewards.

Message 47 of 98
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@bada_bing wrote:

I'm unfamiliar with Citi. Does Citi do any version of 2 apps on one pull like Chase ?

I have been planning to app for a couple more cards in the fall - A CSP and a DC. I'd

occasional Costco shopper, but the 4% gas looks like a good backup to Sallie Mae

Think there's any chance of a sign up bonus on the Costco Visa after the opening

stampede wanes ?

If you don't shop there too often, it may or may not be worth paying the Costco fee for the 4% on gas, since you can get 3% on gas with many cards and no annual fee. The extra 1% would have to cancel out the fee, which it may or may not do with your spend.

I wouldn't expect a sign up bonus on this card. This isn't really a "regular card" for people to just sign up for because of a bonus, etc. It's intended for a long term, loyal Costco shopper, so doubt they will ever provide a bonus, especially with the generous rewards.

Agree.  I have plenty 3% and 5% cash back gas, the only thing not on there is 2% Costo and (is there some kind of travel benefit?).   With freedom doing 5% on warehouse clubs, and all the other cards not waiting year, nor requiring membership, I think I am good for quite awhile.  Will be interesting to watch, though.  Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 48 of 98
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Will be an interesting day to watch. Hopefully people share their full stats including for denial and or aprovals.  I want the card, but waiting for more data Smiley Happy.  As others stated I have the freedom which hands downs beats the warehouse part up to 1500 (which doesn't take long at costco and food this quarter).  Decide later in day whether worth taking a hit.. So appears EXP thus far.. Usually they are EQ pullers in area I live, but possible double hits or made agreement with Exp for this card?  More data will show soon enough

Message 49 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bada_bing wrote:

stampede wanes ?

You can't apply for two Citi cards at once.  You must wait 8 days after your first approval to be able to apply for another and they will do another hard inquiry.

Message 50 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.