Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Thank you

tag
penny_e
Established Member

Citi Costco Thank you

Hello all xx

I was on here today and read someone applied and was approved for the Citi card. I went onto the site and pre-qualified. Mind you I have done it before and nothing showed up. Today I did it and the Citi Costco card came up. I instantly doubted it, my fako scores are 690 and 660 I have been rebuilding hubby and myself thanks to this site for the past 3 yrs. Started off with over 30 collections today zero..It was hard work alot of studing here, and this group made it happen. Thank you all for your posts and solutions. During rebuild I built husbands credit pretty fast, but I used the credit as well. I only have 3 cards, amazon kohls, and care credit. I have zero balances. I do still have 2 judgements that are 5 yrs old I paid off one already and now on the 2nd one monthly payments. All thanks to this site!!! Here is my dilema: Today I hit the apply button on the Citi Costco card, Shockingly I was approved for 5k, no interest for 7 months then 15%. During hard times we used the cards thinking the next big job we will pay off debt. I have only been paying min. payments on 7 cards. My total debt is 4400.00 hubby is self employed and times are tight. What is your advice on using this new card and paying off his debt cutting up cards and having the one payment? Its such a hard thing keeping up with the different dates of these cards and the high interests they are carrying. Thank you in advance for all your advice.

VICTORIA SECRET $850 MERRICK BANK $950 WALMART $600 AMAZON STORE $800 CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $1500 CAPITAL ONE PLATINUM $800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Thank you

If the 5k limit is enough to cover his debt then why not? 0% for 7 months saves you a nice amount of money especially only paying minimum. If I was in your situation I'd do it.
Message 2 of 5
penny_e
Established Member

Thank you, How do balance transfers work? I have never done it. Its as though this group has got me this far and per all the awsome posts I want to ask for permission, lol lol lol.

VICTORIA SECRET $850 MERRICK BANK $950 WALMART $600 AMAZON STORE $800 CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $1500 CAPITAL ONE PLATINUM $800
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
If the 5k limit is enough to cover his debt then why not? 0% for 7 months saves you a nice amount of money especially only paying minimum. If I was in your situation I'd do it.

+1

Ill only add that 7 months is short for a balance transfer BUT at six months you should try for a good balance transfer card like the Chase Slate after your credit gets a boost from this card and transfer what is left over there. 7 months at zero will still drop your balance a bunch. Just remember make your payments on time no matter what. You're doing great keep it up! 😁

Message 4 of 5
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

You just file the information under the "balance transfer" tab and type in the account number of the account you want to pay off and the balance you want to transfer onto it. Usually there's like a $5 or 2% fee of the dollar amount being transferred. usually the money should be transferred in about 5-7 days from my experience.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.