Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Credit Limit

tag
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Citi Credit Limit

Hi everyone,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about an application for the Citi Platinum Select mastercard. I was approved for $7300 (my smallest limit by far). Not a bad initial limit I know, but I was hoping to get ~$15k for a balance transfer (0% 18 months, 3% fee). Anyway, I called the CSR and asked about a CLI and was declined because my card had not been opened at least 6 months. 

My question is the following. I have a CitiBank backed Sears card with a $10k limit. Has anyone had any luck getting Citi to consolidate cards like this or transfer some of the limit from a sears card to another citi card?

Thanks in advance.

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Credit Limit

@cobaltnv wrote:

Hi everyone,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about an application for the Citi Platinum Select mastercard. I was approved for $7300 (my smallest limit by far). Not a bad initial limit I know, but I was hoping to get ~$15k for a balance transfer (0% 18 months, 3% fee). Anyway, I called the CSR and asked about a CLI and was declined because my card had not been opened at least 6 months. 

My question is the following. I have a CitiBank backed Sears card with a $10k limit. Has anyone had any luck getting Citi to consolidate cards like this or transfer some of the limit from a sears card to another citi card?

Thanks in advance.

They won't do that.

Message 2 of 8
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Ive heard mixed stories about them consolidating. Cant hurt to call and ask. Right?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Not co-branded cards they won't.

Message 4 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Converting co-branded store cards is usually not allowed.  Moving the balance might be.

Message 5 of 8
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone. I figured this was not going to work with a cobranded card. 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know this also but most likely know.

Message 7 of 8
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

@cobaltnv wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

What was your income you listed on the application? Also... what was your total credit util?

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.