Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC CLI Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC CLI Advice

So I got the dissaproval letter and it has no reason why it was denied. All it says is that one is not available at this time. No credit line too new or  anything. Is this common?

Would the retentions number be a good one to call to try to get this pushed through? Again, I am fine with the additional HP I am just wondering the best method to attempt this. I bought a single plane ticket today and I am at 30% utilization. This low CL is going to make me want to sock drawer this card if I cant get it upped. 

Message 11 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You can certainly call and try to have the CLI denial reconsidered, but as a rule Citi is not great with recons. Generally (but not always), the original decision stands and your recourse is to wait and try again later. No harm in trying -- just don't expect much.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'll just keep maxing this card out for the next six months as I attempt to use it for an everday card(still paying it off every month mind you). If they won't budge at the 6 month mark after that I guess to the drawer it goes. Shame too its a card I have been wanting for a while. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I'll just keep maxing this card out for the next six months as I attempt to use it for an everday card(still paying it off every month mind you). If they won't budge at the 6 month mark after that I guess to the drawer it goes. Shame too its a card I have been wanting for a while. 

I have had good experiences with Citi CLIs every 6 months. I'm not trying to rub salt in your wound, but low SLs and/or high APRs have been common with this card. Keep your chin up!Smiley Happy Use the card responsibly and in  6 months request a CLI. Best of lcuk!

Message 14 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I feel you with this card. I too got a $1200 limit and am planning on making this my everyday since i cant get in with Discover or Amex. I am just going to follow everyones advice here and wait the full six months to hopefully get a soft pull offer for cli. Hopefully if i can get one and i try to wait til more of my HPs fall off my report i can use one of those valuable HPs to request a larger cli and by that time hopefully i will have established some history with the card and they can see i am using it to my utmost ability. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So basically my question is what number should I call for my best chances? 

It does not matter.  The number you call or method of request does not change your credit profile or income.  If you want to improve your chances then identify the issues with your credit profile and work on addressing them.

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought a single plane ticket today and I am at 30% utilization. This low CL is going to make me want to sock drawer this card if I cant get it upped. 

You can always pay the balance down prior to report date.

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I'll just keep maxing this card out for the next six months

Do not rely solely on usage for a CLI.  It's never just the one account that matters.  You entire credit profile matters.

It does seem odd that no denial reasons were listed.  You need to address whatever concerns they have with your creditor.  Even without them you need to be able to identify the problems in your reports.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So basically my question is what number should I call for my best chances? 

It does not matter.  The number you call or method of request does not change your credit profile or income.  If you want to improve your chances then identify the issues with your credit profile and work on addressing them.

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought a single plane ticket today and I am at 30% utilization. This low CL is going to make me want to sock drawer this card if I cant get it upped. 

You can always pay the balance down prior to report date.

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I'll just keep maxing this card out for the next six months

Do not rely solely on usage for a CLI.  It's never just the one account that matters.  You entire credit profile matters.

It does seem odd that no denial reasons were listed.  You need to address whatever concerns they have with your creditor.  Even without them you need to be able to identify the problems in your reports.

Believe me I largely agree with your advice and have no qualms about hearing whatever reason a bank denies my CLI or application but thats kind of my point, there was no reason given. Not even the throw away phrase of account being too new. Furthermore, with me realizing I under claimed my income, legitimately, I was hoping there was a "higher up" I could speak to regarding that to get it upped or something. Ultimately it will be annoying(paying multiple times a month) but not a big deal. I am hoping my usage will show them I could use/support a higher CL but if not its not the end of the world. 

Funniest part of the whole thing is the second time I called about the CLI they told me they couldn't even do another one for 6 months on the phone when I was trying to get an explanation haha. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.