Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC CLI

Any idea of the Citi DC cli process. I was approved 1200 and plan to use it a lot. What is the quickest way to get an increase. Other than a phone call.VERY SHY.

Is there a luv button after a few months.?..l could wait that long.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Any idea of the Citi DC cli process. I was approved 1200 and plan to use it a lot. What is the quickest way to get an increase. Other than a phone call.VERY SHY.

You can request a CLI right now from your online account but it will result in an HP, the same as if you call,  If you wait several months, the online request may change in being an SP.  You'll know the difference between the two because the HP one that is there ow says they are going to ull your credit report.

Message 2 of 9
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, there is a luv button.  Citi only permits soft pull CLI's every 6 months via SP, so if you just got the card, then you will need to wait 6 months before you can obtain via the luv button.  However, you can also request CLI in chat at anytime via a hard pull - or a soft pull in chat if it has been more than 6 months since the last.  In your case, since you just got the card, you may be able to use the same HP for the app to obtain a CLI.  I am not sure about that, so maybe someone else can confirm.  Again, you can chat with a citi rep vs phone.

From my experience, Citi typically only gives around 1-3k CLI every 6 months.  Back in September of 2015, I received one for 4k - there was some promotion that month.  I just remember someone that worked at Citi was in the forums and made mention of the fact.  It just so happened to be 6 months from my last request and when I pulled the trigger via SP, it was approved for said amount.  In regards to the luv button, the verbiage will indicate if it will be a HP or a SP.  The key being the SP option (language of request)  will not show up until after having the account for 6 months.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did try the LUV button a few days ago for my 6 months with card but NO go. CITI did not give me Smiley Sad. It showed NO HP for my LUV button. Can I try again or do I have to wait 6 months again after the No Go? Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 9
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did try the LUV button a few days ago for my 6 months with card but NO go. CITI did not give me Smiley Sad. It showed NO HP for my LUV button. Can I try again or do I have to wait 6 months again after the No Go? Smiley Sad

The clock is not reset by requesting, so yes you can try again once it has been 180 days.

Message 5 of 9
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I misread your post.  Just because you have an available SP, does not mean Citi will provide the CLI.  If you did the request via the luv button, you should get a document online that you can view for the reason you were declined. Paperless settings must be set on.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you ask for a CLI now it will definitely be a HP

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not what I want to hear. Do you spend a lot?

Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you ask for a CLI now it will definitely be a HP

Well...I think I have....hmm maybe too many too count. Took me many tries to get this and a slate. Worth it, l t

hink. My scores is tanking fast with these inquiries  ( thanks, cap 1, Why did they deny meSmiley Embarassed!,

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.