Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC CLI?

Should I wait for my 6th statement to cut on my DC to ask for a CLI? Or does it go by open date? I have the soft pull wording. My open date was over 6 months ago. My statement cuts 9/15. I would love to try for a CLI before my Venture reports on 9/13. Just did a balance transfer from Chase to Cap 1 and my score is up a bit. Will lose that when Cap 1 reports. 

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi DC CLI?

In my experience, it won't hurt to try.

I took an HP for a CLI ~1 month after opening.  Just a few months later I had the SP language and went ahead and attempted it, but denied because it hadn't been 6 months.  Didn't reset a timer or anything, though--got a SP CLI 6 months after the HP.

Based on that, you should be ok.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 2 of 51
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

it has been lil over 6 months since I got my DC card and I tried to do it today but was denied haha. It says I have the max limit and they will have to do a HP and review my profile to consider me for me. My current limit is 24K, was wondering if anyone else got that message. 

Message 3 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SMikulski49 wrote:

it has been lil over 6 months since I got my DC card and I tried to do it today but was denied haha. It says I have the max limit and they will have to do a HP and review my profile to consider me for me. My current limit is 24K, was wondering if anyone else got that message. 

That is a monstrous limit for the DC. I would not expect any more CL on it. Most of us with 730-750 are hovering at the 4000-7000 SL area, for reference.
Message 4 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@SMikulski49 wrote:

That is a monstrous limit for the DC. I would not expect any more CL on it. Most of us with 730-750 are hovering at the 4000-7000 SL area, for reference.

That is a huge DC limit! I thought I was doing good with a $7000 SL. And yes my credit score is usually in the 740's. I'm going to try for a CLI tomorrow. I looked on Credit Karmea and my open date was 3/10.

Message 5 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the SP offer come 6 months after open date or on the 6th statement? It took me a while to make a purchase so I'll be 6-mo-old next month but my 6th statement won't be until Nov. It should be next month for me, right? Edit: lol this was the original question from OP. Clarification would be great!
Message 6 of 51
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would imagine if you have soft pull wording that you can try now.

I wish i could get the sp verbiage. Ive come upon my 6 month but dont see anything but the we will pull a credit report. Been there,done that, no results no thanks. Does anyone know that when you receive the sp wording does it show up in your offers or will you see it when you click on the request cli link?. Ive been hoping that they would offer this , been checking almost daily since i cracked the 6 month date i opened this card. However im probably in the bracket of people who dont receive sp clis, have seen our fellow myficoer, SJ, not get one sp verbiage gor like 2 years so im assuming if i dont get one this month, im basicaly SOL Smiley Sad Sorry guys , just another frustration in the Citi limelightSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which bureau for Citi CLIs? EX?
Message 8 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Which bureau for Citi CLIs? EX?

I was double pulled eq/ex for application and when I took HP for additional increase it was EQ only.  I'm in Indiana.

Message 9 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does being denied for a citi HP cli reset the 6 month timer?

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.