Citi DC CLI?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi DC CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Got it, thanks! Anyone know the chance of their pulling EQ in the Northeast for the HP? Would love a much higher limit but really want them to pull EQ lol

For me they've always pulled EX

My EX is frozen. What happens if they pull EX and it's frozen? I'm just rejected right, nothing else to do?

I have no idea. I think it's possible they will then pull EQ.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
^^^^
It's when you get a increase with a SP normally 6 or 12 month intervals.
Right after they give it to you, request more on a HP. Most of the SP increases are small..$1400 or so. You'll see the option to ask for more. I opted for the HP and my Citi DC went from $3000 to $20,000.
But I thought Citi only gives CLIs in 6 mo intervals, SP or HP. Could I get the SP increase and then immediately go for the HP increase? Didn't know that was possible. Also, do they counter at all? I know you can't ask for something ridiculous but say I want 10k would they give me 8k?
Message 32 of 51
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@SMikulski49 wrote:

it has been lil over 6 months since I got my DC card and I tried to do it today but was denied haha. It says I have the max limit and they will have to do a HP and review my profile to consider me for me. My current limit is 24K, was wondering if anyone else got that message. 

Do you have other credit products with Citi? If yes, what is your total exposure with them?

I do not have anything else with Citi other then the DC CC, I never had any expore to Citi until I applied for the DC. When I was approved for the card my SL was 12K few days later when I received the card I called and took another HP and they raised it to 24K. It has been lil over 6 months since that day that is why I asked for CLI online that did not required another HP but got that message I wrote before. I have the max limit and to be considered for more they would need to do another HP and go over my profile. I am more then happy with my 24K and probably don't need more but I like to see my cards grow so I will try and see if I can get an increase without HP. 

Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
Don't feel bad,it took me a full year to get anything out of Citi. As stated earlier, when that time comes, shoot for the stars and take the HP!
I can't wait till I get another shot at them.. I'll be doing just that.😉
How does one know when "that time comes" if we're going to take the HP?

You have to know your credit profile. There is no 'magic' time frame. I was denied a CLI for too many inquiries. I will wait a minimum of 6 months from last HP before requesting another CLI. 

Message 34 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
^^^^
It's when you get a increase with a SP normally 6 or 12 month intervals.
Right after they give it to you, request more on a HP. Most of the SP increases are small..$1400 or so. You'll see the option to ask for more. I opted for the HP and my Citi DC went from $3000 to $20,000.

Are you saying you received more than 1 CLI within a 6 months period with Citi?

Message 35 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Got it, thanks! Anyone know the chance of their pulling EQ in the Northeast for the HP? Would love a much higher limit but really want them to pull EQ lol

I live in FL and they always pull EQ for me.

Message 36 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SMikulski49 wrote:

@SMikulski49 wrote:

it has been lil over 6 months since I got my DC card and I tried to do it today but was denied haha. It says I have the max limit and they will have to do a HP and review my profile to consider me for me. My current limit is 24K, was wondering if anyone else got that message. 

Do you have other credit products with Citi? If yes, what is your total exposure with them?

I do not have anything else with Citi other then the DC CC, I never had any expore to Citi until I applied for the DC. When I was approved for the card my SL was 12K few days later when I received the card I called and took another HP and they raised it to 24K. It has been lil over 6 months since that day that is why I asked for CLI online that did not required another HP but got that message I wrote before. I have the max limit and to be considered for more they would need to do another HP and go over my profile. I am more then happy with my 24K and probably don't need more but I like to see my cards grow so I will try and see if I can get an increase without HP. 

@Anonymous. It may be due to the large increase you had @ activation. They may feel 6 months hasn't been enough time, for them, to evaluate your performance. Who knows? All we can do is speculate. 

Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Does the SP offer come 6 months after open date or on the 6th statement? It took me a while to make a purchase so I'll be 6-mo-old next month but my 6th statement won't be until Nov. It should be next month for me, right? Edit: lol this was the original question from OP. Clarification would be great!

FYI- Well I tried today... deniedSmiley Sad I will try again after my 6th statement cuts.

Sorry. What was/were the denial reason(s)? Is your card 6 months old yet?

My card is 6 mos. old, but 6 statements haven't cut yet. Waiting to get the message alert so I can see the denial reason. Probably too many new accounts.

From my understanding 6 months is 6 months with Citi. It doesn't matter about the number of statements. With companies that have 6 month timeframes, I don't usually submit my request on the exact day. I usually wait 3-5 days. I'm not saying this has anything to do with why you were denied. It's just the way I like to handle my credit profile. 

Again, sorry you were denied. Please come back and update your thread with the denial reason(s).

Update- Denied for too many new accounts. It's true... I have opened too many accounts in the last 6 months. I will try to NOT add any new accounts for a while and hit the button again in Dec. I like the card, use it  often and PIF. I can live with $7000.

Thanks for updating your thread. Do you feel 2.5 months is long enough to receive a different outcome to your request?

Message 38 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Does the SP offer come 6 months after open date or on the 6th statement? It took me a while to make a purchase so I'll be 6-mo-old next month but my 6th statement won't be until Nov. It should be next month for me, right? Edit: lol this was the original question from OP. Clarification would be great!

FYI- Well I tried today... deniedSmiley Sad I will try again after my 6th statement cuts.

My card is 6 mos. old, but 6 statements haven't cut yet. Waiting to get the message alert so I can see the denial reason. Probably too many new accounts.

From my understanding 6 months is 6 months with Citi. It doesn't matter about the number of statements. With companies that have 6 month timeframes, I don't usually submit my request on the exact day. I usually wait 3-5 days. I'm not saying this has anything to do with why you were denied. It's just the way I like to handle my credit profile. 

Again, sorry you were denied. Please come back and update your thread with the denial reason(s).

Update- Denied for too many new accounts. It's true... I have opened too many accounts in the last 6 months. I will try to NOT add any new accounts for a while and hit the button again in Dec. I like the card, use it  often and PIF. I can live with $7000.

Thanks for updating your thread. Do you feel 2.5 months is a long enough to receive a different outcome to your request?

Good point. Dec. might be too soon. Probably wait until March. that will give me a year with them. My limit is usable. No big deal. Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for updating your thread. Do you feel 2.5 months is long enough to receive a different outcome to your request?

Good point. Dec. might be too soon. Probably wait until March. that will give me a year with them. My limit is usable. No big deal. Thanks Smiley Happy

You're welcome. Good luck!

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.