Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC Question

Just got approved the 21st, received and activated card...first Citi card so was exploring website. I noticed the CLI button and it specifically says "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision." Is this legit? I've seen others get HP on CLI...just want to verify. Any help is apprecited!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi DC Question

Usually it will let you know before hand, and you can decide if you want to.continue.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit the button.

It will ask for income and rent/mortgage.

If it also asks how much of a CLI you'd like, it's going to be a HP.  Stop (unless you're willing to burn a HP)

If it doesn't ask for an amt for the CLI, it will be a SP.

Message 3 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got approved the 21st, received and activated card...first Citi card so was exploring website. I noticed the CLI button and it specifically says "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision." Is this legit? I've seen others get HP on CLI...just want to verify. Any help is apprecited!

Yes that's a legit soft pull CLI offer.

BTW I've never gotten one myself Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I noticed the CLI button and it specifically says "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision." Is this legit? I've seen others get HP on CLI...just want to verify. 

We can't give you a better answer than Citi.  If they say no pull it's no pull.  Call them if you want to verify.

An HP typically has small impact but they can have a bigger impact for those with thin credit profiles and/or profiles with issues.  If one HP is a significant problem then there are bigger concerns with your credit profile that you need to address.

Message 5 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's a soft pull offer but will be auto declined unfortunately. They will not approve a SP increase until the account is six months old. You can call in and take a HP if you wish.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience it's best to call them. I tried online and got declined on each of my citi cards, even though I'm making $10,000+ more then the last time I updated income info. When I called I got one card doubled, one tripled, and the last one I got was a mere $500 bump. Not bad though. It definitely lowered my util.

Also ive had no Hp on my credit for any of the cli's

Message 7 of 11
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
It's a soft pull offer but will be auto declined unfortunately. They will not approve a SP increase until the account is six months old. You can call in and take a HP if you wish.

Kdm is to Citi cards like UncleB is to CapOne. Always dropping knowledge bombs in here. 

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 8 of 11
JamP
Valued Contributor

Had the same thing when I opened mine. I thought why not and I was declined for a cli. 

I read about alot of people getting a cli with a HP so I waited a bit then it finally said they will pull my credit report.

I took the HP and still no CLI so I will wait until it changes back to the SP message.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've received a number of SP CLIs on my DC thru online banking. You just have to make sure it says it will not affect your credit, at other times it would be a HP. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.