Did you mean: 

Citi DC Soft Pull CLI Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC Soft Pull CLI Denial

@lhcole77 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I don't remember the exact language but it was a definite denial.

Hmmm. Mine just keeps saying:

We regret that we cannot instantly approve your request for a credit limit increase. If you would like our credit department to review your request further, we will need to obtain a credit bureau report. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours.

ihcole is reading that sentence and saying to himself:  oh NOOO, there is no way I'm calling in and talking to you people! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 33
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ihcole is reading that sentence and saying to himself:  oh NOOO, there is no way I'm calling in and talking to you people! Smiley Happy

YAS! This is the scandal of the century.

And on another note, received emails that there were letters waiting in my Citi inbox. The letters presently there are from last year. Hmmm.

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

YAS! This is the scandal of the century.

And on another note, received emails that there were letters waiting in my Citi inbox. The letters presently there are from last year. Hmmm.

Citi is just a little bit behind in their correspondence. I'm sure they're working on the problem and it should be corrected by 2018. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been denied by SP twice as well and my letters show up in the doc center no problem. So it's not systemic..
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. SP wording and no instant approval. However, just a minute later approved for a modest 2K increase on my Thankyou card (same SP wording). Maybe there is an inherent flaw with the DC card process..

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I spoke to the EO about my increase they acted like the DC had normal limits compared to everyone else. Everyone starts so low I told them basically.
Message 26 of 33
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been denied by SP twice as well and my letters show up in the doc center no problem. So it's not systemic..

May not be systemic but is definitely interesting that multiple people are presently having the same experience with SP DC.

Nevertheless, systemic flaws are not uncommon.

Message 27 of 33
lsutigers
Contributor

Ive always been able to get a sp cli on my DC and thank you cards. When i got the diamond preferred my starting limit was 7600 and i cant get a cli with any citi without them pulling a CR now. The letter states im at maximum amount without a credit repirt being pulled
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a fit of ironic timing, this appears on the day that is the 1 year anniversary of getting my DC card.

I initially got the card because it had a really good 0% APR term (18 months?)  I have not been able to take advantage of that because I have a $500 SL.  And despite multiple SP requests (pretty much every time my score updates, and rises), it is still stuck there.

AFTER I got the DC card (a few months later, when I knew I would be travelling.  I think I got a pre-qual) I apped for the AA card, with a $6.5k limit.  That hasn't gone up either, but at $6.5k, I really don't need it to.

Another frustrating thing is their free credit score.  It updates at the same time as BoA (and a few days before Disc), but takes well over two weeks to appear on the site.  So, I am still looking at November's score.  Also, IIRC, often the score used in their denial letters is a month behind even than (ie, I would see the Oct score on the letters)

All in all, a heck of a way to run a railroad. (Now there's an old phrase, rarely heard anymore)

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly OzMan1788! Their free credit score is still showing my 11/22 update. If it's monthly, I should have received Decmeber by now smh

Had I known Citi was stingy with CLI for DC, I would have done it first on my Diamond Preferred before the product change. The EO couldn't fulfill both requests on the sane day and I was too anxious to get this card ughhh
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.