Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC and us bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC and us bank?

I want to get a Citi dc and us bank cash +. I have 18 inquiries on TU and EX and 3  inquiries on EQ. I have 1% util , 1 year AAoA, and no baddies whatsoever. What are my chances?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Re: Citi DC and us bank?

For better advice we will need to know Income, what cards and limits you have already, current FICO scores if you know them, any new accounts or INQs?

Message 2 of 13
Involver
Valued Contributor

US Bank will be very tough with that many inqs. What kind of other revolving lines do you have?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Amex bce at 3k, sallie Mae at 3 k, capital 1 QS at 3 k and discover it at 3k. Income is 30k. One recent inquiry a few weeks ago. I have 721 TU FICO. 

Message 4 of 13
Santi78342
Established Contributor

I would say you have poor chances on approval for Cash+ but would probably get the Double Cash. Just my .02

Message 5 of 13
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Citi is INQ senstive...I'd say no-go on either. 18 is a lot, and unless Citi pulled EQ, it'd be an instant denial...I'm obviously not an UW for Citi, but I've seen "declined for excessive inquires" many times re: Citi

Good luck if you do try, though! Stranger things have happened.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd probably hold out on applying for now. How long do you think I should wait?
Message 7 of 13
Santi78342
Established Contributor

You should wait until most of those INQs fall off. And for the Cash+ I suggest waiting until you have another CL at $5k+ That shouldn't be a problem though as you probably have a 3x CLI with AMEX coming sometime in the near future.

Message 8 of 13
apacislvallejo
New Contributor

I was approved for a $6K limit on 23 inquiries on Experian ... the credit score that was used, in their disclosure letter, was 760 ... and this was from the online site. Same thing with Citi Simplicity three weeks before, 22 Inquiries on Experian ... and same score. Good luck ... DC card just arrived last week 9/20.
FICO8 Updated: 3/11/2016
Eq: 803, Ex: 774, TU: 797
FICO9 Updated: 2/15/2016
Eq: 814; Ex: 793; Tu: 809 ----- TOTAL CL: $204,500
Message 9 of 13
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

OK so normally I'd give the same advice as others.  18 inquiries is a lot but...in your case I really don't see much difference between 18 INQ and 20 INQ, so maybe go for it.  The one big caveat I would put on that advice is only attempt this IF you do not plan to apply for anything major the next 12-18 months (i.e. new home; home refi; new car; open a new business; etc.).

I'd say Citi will be easier than Cash+ (720 is the bare minimum score for this card).  But like I said if you're not applying for anything the next 1-2 years, why not give it a shot!  Worst case scenario, you take two more INQ but you have so many already I don't think it matters score wise or credit wise.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.