Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC approved a couple a weeks ago, but weird experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC approved a couple a weeks ago, but weird experience

Sorry for the long post

Hi all, I.m a long time lurker, learned a lot from this site.  Took a break over the summer so missd some things.

A couple of weeks ago i got a mailer from citi offeing the double cash, i was so excited i didn't thoroughly read the mailer just went straight to the site and checked pre qual offers.  Well the double cash came up with apr offer online was 22.99% (can't remember if there was a 0% intro offer).  Well the mailer offer was for 16.99% but didn't realize until I got hthe card that it had no 0% offer.   I wanted one as a cushion just in case down the road. Anyway applied got $3000.  Was very happy, until I realized credit line wouldn't come with 0% intro offer.  I thought Citi was a couple years down the road for me, so any outcome I wouldn't make me too disappointed.

Chain of events with Citi since getting card...

called about intro offer  csr said  couldn't do anything but my account could be reviewed upon my requst, no hard pull mentioned. Even offered cld reduction if that was a factor.  Told them they could call me if needed more info

called a few days later, no news , csr said takes time call next week.  cool

called today csr said didn't see intro offer but reduced apr into 15.24%.  well  i thought i tried, accepted the offer thanked her and asked if this could've been done last week.  She said she didn't se why not. well why wasn't it,  didn't say that but thought that.  Started wondering if account was reviewed 

A couple hours later i check my account, this is in ecommunications

Download Your Letter

Account: Citi® Double Cash Card: 

NOTICE OF LOWER INTEREST RATE

Received on 10/21/2015

Attachments

This letter or statement includes the following attachment(s)
class="odd"  

Thought that was weird so started chat

rep stopped chatting in middle of conversation, why don't know (copied session) another rep comes on basically tells me to call techinical about the ecommnications issue but very professional and nice.  

I decided to call them again spoke with a csr supervisor and  turns out my account wasn't even reviewed, decided not to push it and just said goodnight.

My fault for not checking the terms thoroughly, but it seems that citi has its own set of issues.  Was really excited to get in now just really confused. They are an old bank, i  expected concise, professional, efficient and expediant service.  Haven't gotten that thus far.  Just sharing my experience... Should I have called in about the intro offer or let it alone.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC approved a couple a weeks ago, but weird experience

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for the long post

Hi all, I.m a long time lurker, learned a lot from this site.  Took a break over the summer so missd some things.

A couple of weeks ago i got a mailer from citi offeing the double cash, i was so excited i didn't thoroughly read the mailer just went straight to the site and checked pre qual offers.  Well the double cash came up with apr offer online was 22.99% (can't remember if there was a 0% intro offer).  Well the mailer offer was for 16.99% but didn't realize until I got hthe card that it had no 0% offer.   I wanted one as a cushion just in case down the road. Anyway applied got $3000.  Was very happy, until I realized credit line wouldn't come with 0% intro offer.  I thought Citi was a couple years down the road for me, so any outcome I wouldn't make me too disappointed.

Chain of events with Citi since getting card...

called about intro offer  csr said  couldn't do anything but my account could be reviewed upon my requst, no hard pull mentioned. Even offered cld reduction if that was a factor.  Told them they could call me if needed more info

called a few days later, no news , csr said takes time call next week.  cool

called today csr said didn't see intro offer but reduced apr into 15.24%.  well  i thought i tried, accepted the offer thanked her and asked if this could've been done last week.  She said she didn't se why not. well why wasn't it,  didn't say that but thought that.  Started wondering if account was reviewed 

A couple hours later i check my account, this is in ecommunications

Download Your Letter

Account: Citi® Double Cash Card: 

NOTICE OF LOWER INTEREST RATE

Received on 10/21/2015

Attachments

This letter or statement includes the following attachment(s)
class="odd"  

Thought that was weird so started chat

rep stopped chatting in middle of conversation, why don't know (copied session) another rep comes on basically tells me to call techinical about the ecommnications issue but very professional and nice.  

I decided to call them again spoke with a csr supervisor and  turns out my account wasn't even reviewed, decided not to push it and just said goodnight.

My fault for not checking the terms thoroughly, but it seems that citi has its own set of issues.  Was really excited to get in now just really confused. They are an old bank, i  expected concise, professional, efficient and expediant service.  Haven't gotten that thus far.  Just sharing my experience... Should I have called in about the intro offer or let it alone.

Strange! I have yet to see a Double Cash without at least 9 months of 0% APR.

The main thing here is, the 2% cash back is quickly dissolved when you carry a balance with interest. I would continue to call back a few more times if that is what you really want though.  That would be interesting to see if they would reduce the limit in lieu of 0% promo.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeaah..I gonna leave it alone.  My Discover it 0% runs out in 7 months and my Bank of America 0% runs out in I think 6 months.  I don't want apply for anymore cards for like a 1 year and half so I wanted at least one card with no interest when those two offers are done.  I really want to get in withh chase and amex.

Message 3 of 6
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Well that's an interesting story. Did the mailer have a code that maybe you didn't enter? If it did and you did in fact enter it, I would say call Citi EO and demand the offer that you received in the mail. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The mailer didn't actually come with a 0% intro offer but didn't realize until after I recieved the card.  I just assumed it did.

Message 5 of 6
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I'd still contact the EO and see what they can do for you. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.