Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC cli question

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi DC cli question

Hi everyone, quick question. If for instance you request a cli , in this case the Citi DC card, which you use a hard pull to increase your limit but are denied, do you start back to square one for the possible 6 month soft pull cli option that ive read sometimes Citi offers?. Or do you need to wait another 6 months before another request ,etc. I recently, perhaps foolheartedly, requesting one, knowing it would be an hp, to see if i could get a more usable limit but unfortunately was denied. I know i have many factors still against me ie relatively new account( 3 months or so) my BK7 still showing on my EQ TIL apr17, and too many inquiries. .i just figured whst the heck maybe ill get lucky, though i know luck has nothing to do with it. I officially used up my last inq that icould afford so now my goal is to make 2 years with no more credit inquiries. I would like to see the big 0 on inqs in 2 years and see where i stand. If i can get sp clis all the better but just would like any advice on this matter. Thanks to everyone for any input. Have a great day Smiley Happy

Ps honestly i was kind of upset not getting it and planned to sd the card but now i think of it i cant blame Citi, its my profile that i need to continue to build and improve on and so hopefully in time ill get those nice increasesSmiley Happy just a thought Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC cli question

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hi everyone, quick question. If for instance you request a cli , in this case the Citi DC card, which you use a hard pull to increase your limit but are denied, do you start back to square one for the possible 6 month soft pull cli option that ive read sometimes Citi offers?. Or do you need to wait another 6 months before another request ,etc. I recently, perhaps foolheartedly, requesting one, knowing it would be an hp, to see if i could get a more usable limit but unfortunately was denied. I know i have many factors still against me ie relatively new account( 3 months or so) my BK7 still showing on my EQ TIL apr17, and too many inquiries. .i just figured whst the heck maybe ill get lucky, though i know luck has nothing to do with it. I officially used up my last inq that icould afford so now my goal is to make 2 years with no more credit inquiries. I would like to see the big 0 on inqs in 2 years and see where i stand. If i can get sp clis all the better but just would like any advice on this matter. Thanks to everyone for any input. Have a great day Smiley Happy

Ps honestly i was kind of upset not getting it and planned to sd the card but now i think of it i cant blame Citi, its my profile that i need to continue to build and improve on and so hopefully in time ill get those nice increasesSmiley Happy just a thought Smiley Happy

Idk if the clock resets because I've never used a SP to get a CLI with Citi. I always take a HP so I can ask for what I want. Hopefully, others will have more insight on this for you.

You are on the right path to earning the credit profile you want. I commend you for taking ownership and not allowing your denial to color your relationship with Citi. Best of luck!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that it is 6 months between increases, not between requests.  You should be fine to request a SP CLI anytime.  Of course in order to do that you have to have the SP CLI option enabled on your account, and there is no guarantee that option will ever be available to you.

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Beautifulblackpearl! It can be hard to NOT take things personal but like its been noted many times here, credit cards arent personal, you get what your qualified for. Which is how it should be but its just the time needed to cultivate that nice profile that can be tricky as we normally want it quick Smiley Happy but slow and steady wins this raceSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks JTFAN80. Thats good to know. How true that an sp cli option may never become available as i have noticed some here at the forum also have not received this option while others had. I think going forward i cant expect an sp cli option or a auto increase to happen. If i dont worry about it then ill be more at peace. If it happens it happens. If its available so be it.
Im just going to continue to use it as i was maintaining my good credit habits im learning here and create some nice history with Citi. Thanks again for your inputSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I also believe it is only 6 months if you get approved for an increase. If denied, I don't think that restarts the clock.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.