Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC or CapOne QS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC or CapOne QS?

@barthooper wrote:

A great advantage of the Citi DC besides Price Rewind is that it extends manufacturer warranties by 24 months. I think this is common to most/all Citi cards and thus not just the DC, but it's worth bringing up when comparing it to the Quicksilver.

I've heard about this in the past and am curious how it works.  What do you need to do to extend that warranty?  Obviously when you make the purchase with your Citi card you don't ask for the extended warranty at the time of purchase (I assume) so do you have to fill out some paperwork or submit some sort of form to Citi to make this happen? 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. Citi is known to start off with low limits. My DC started at 2,000. But I was able to cli it to 6,000 in 30 days. 

I thought Citi had 6month cli policy? Or did you initiate another HP for the CLI?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. Citi is known to start off with low limits. My DC started at 2,000. But I was able to cli it to 6,000 in 30 days. 

I thought Citi had 6month cli policy? Or did you initiate another HP for the CLI?

I thought it was 6 months too... I asked for one a few monhts after opening...No....then I forgot I asked and asked again and the letter said "less than 6 months since last request."

Message 13 of 15
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@barthooper wrote:

A great advantage of the Citi DC besides Price Rewind is that it extends manufacturer warranties by 24 months. I think this is common to most/all Citi cards and thus not just the DC, but it's worth bringing up when comparing it to the Quicksilver.

I've heard about this in the past and am curious how it works.  What do you need to do to extend that warranty?  Obviously when you make the purchase with your Citi card you don't ask for the extended warranty at the time of purchase (I assume) so do you have to fill out some paperwork or submit some sort of form to Citi to make this happen? 

Good question. I've only had it for a few months and haven't tried to use it yet. I just tried to read about the benefits online. Logging into Citi shows you more details than are publicly available. You don't have to do anything at the time of purchase. The only major stipulation appears to be that an item has a manufacturer warranty in the first place, but if you purchase an extended warranty it extends beyond that, up to a max of 7 years after purchase and up to a $10,000 limit on the item. They'll either repair, replace, or reimburse.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 14 of 15
Poppa
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought it was 6 months too... I asked for one a few monhts after opening...No....then I forgot I asked and asked again and the letter said "less than 6 months since last request."

I got a $1500 SP CLI on my card 2 months after opening from $2500 to $4000. Also 5 APR reductions in 5 days through chat. 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.